WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Time for some suspension

Narcosis

Question

First a caveat - I've never put aftermarket suspension on any of the cars I've owned, as all of my attention has gone into putting power under the hood.  This 2010 E92 is the first that feels worthy of the $$ spent. 

With that said, I want to drop the car about an inch on both front and back, but I want to retain as close to OEM ride as possible.  I was on the freeway a week ago and was next to a slammed BMW and the poor car was bouncing every time it hit a seam in the pavement.  I never understood that...

One of the big reasons I purchased the E92 is the ride quality.  So my question is which aftermarket suspension vendor will let me lower the car and retain as much of the OEM ride quality as possible?    OEM ride quality to me means comfort.  Sharper handling will be a bonus, but comfort is first in my book.

TIA.

Here's the car as it sits today.

IMG_5474.JPG

7 answers to this question

If you lower the car on springs, you will probably want to get shorter shocks as well...otherwise you will be outside the optimal range of the shock.

I've really enjoyed the ride in my KW coilovers.  KW often uses a progressive rear spring to avoid some of the harshness other coilovers have.

Also note, it will be almost impossible to retain the same level of comfort when lowering the car a bit, but IMO, the lowered look completely makes up for the slightly harsher ride.