WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Painter Wanted

WiscoE90

• 2 weeks later...

Paint will always follow the "You get what you pay for" motto.

If you want a cheap paint job that looks good, stop being lazy and do a $50 rustoleum paint job. It takes a while and sounds ghetto, but if you take your time and out effort into it, you end up with an amazing result for costing less than $100-$200 total.

Paint will always follow the "You get what you pay for" motto.

If you want a cheap paint job that looks good, stop being lazy and do a $50 rustoleum paint job. It takes a while and sounds ghetto, but if you take your time and out effort into it, you end up with an amazing result for costing less than $100-$200 total.

This is a great how to write up I have bookmarked (credit to davintosh from MyE28.com)

http://www.davintosh.com/2009/08/20/a-cheapskates-paint-job-the-final-product/

I had the front fiberglass bumper in my avatar picture crack because I hit someones toe hitch. I had a friends Dad fix the fiberglass and repaint the whole bumper and clear coat. The paint and clear coat I use is transtar from Europe. And the total bill for everything was $300 and the bumper looks like it did before the damage.