WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

What Coilovers do you have? What should I run?

Jdesign

Question

I was just looking to get some opinions from you guys on what to use to get moar lows on my E30. I was looking into the typical Megan, D2, BC, etc. They look like a good deal but I want something with 10k F 12K R rates. Apparently Megan has the option to order custom rates so I am waiting to hear back. Currently a new set of Megan coilovers is 8k all around, which sounds dumb to me. 

Basically I want the following elements for less than 1k:

-Ride height adjustability

-Dampening adjustability

-Mega Lows

-Camber adjustment

-10k Front minimum

-12k Rear minimum

-Moar lows

So what have you guys used in the past? Does anyone have Megan's on their BMW?

A true track car should have ast4200's best bank for your buck, Billy's and gc's are nice but you don't have camber adjustment and you are limited to dampening with Billy's

Do they come with the spring rates I need though? I'm thinking 10kf 14kr of 12kr

Drift car mainly, but I would like to try other things as well

You pick what rate you want from 4 different spring company's H&R Swift HyperCoil or one other brand I can't think of off the top of my head, you can get 5 to 14 for rates and 60mm springs to 2.5 springs for hight, anything you want you get, soild upper rear mounts 12 way dampening camber plates pillow ball mount for the lower mount of the rear Sturt's, building a pss9 or a BC coilver to match would cost just as much in the end, most budget coilovers come with BS spring rates like 7 and 8

Just for reference I run 12k up front and 14k rear ast4200 on a hyperco spring with dampening at 6 on slicks at RA and it improved my lap time by 1.5 sec as to running pss9's revalved to pss10 and H&R 60mm springs 9kF 10kR

I thought the only company to do custom valving without charging extra and custom spring rates was bc?

BC springs are rated different as they are a cheap company and they devalve quickly,I'm speaking from a point of view not as a owner, several guys I track with had or have BC's and are looking to change, one example is a friends s2000 had BC's on it,it is strictly a track car, springs lost there rating (got soft) after 5 track days so he bought swift springs, a year later the BC's started leaking so now he is also on AST4200's, like I said I personal haven't experienced it but I have friends who have the track is way harder on suspension then people think

BC springs are rated different as they are a cheap company and they devalve quickly,I'm speaking from a point of view not as a owner, several guys I track with had or have BC's and are looking to change, one example is a friends s2000 had BC's on it,it is strictly a track car, springs lost there rating (got soft) after 5 track days so he bought swift springs, a year later the BC's started leaking so now he is also on AST4200's, like I said I personal haven't experienced it but I have friends who have the track is way harder on suspension then people think

I guess I can prove this out once the weather starts to change around here. I am pretty sure BC also offers rebuilds / re-valving for roughly $200.