WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Aftermarket fenders: Schmiedmann vs JC Whitney

rampelsauce

Question

Hey all, your friendly neighborhood admin here.  I am looking for fenders but dont want to spend OEM money.  Any one have experience with Schmiedmann or JC Whitney's sheet metal?  I understand that they might take a little adjusting to match up good, but who has the better quality sheet metal?

This thread will also serve as a review for how well they fit and the installation of the front fenders.  I will be ordering some time this week, as my car needs to get into paint post-haste.

16 answers to this question

You get a dealer discount. Quite being a cheap ass and get the stuff that fits right. Or go on r3v and purchase a used one from a non salt state and get it painted.

Where is the money tree exactly and would one go about harvesting the money from it?  Do I shake it and let it all fall, or do grab a ladder and pick them one by one?  How do I know when it reaches peak ripeness for picking?

Get real man, not everyone has a lot of money.  I'd like to finish this car and not go broke doing so.  I don't  really care if its all OEM stuff on the car, just that it looks pretty good and I have fun.  

Also, what ever happened to those fenders you had, you never got back to me.