WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Look what I got today!

mkoepp

The great and awesome Fed ex guy brought this for me this morning

DSC01817_zpsa8a8ee2e.jpg

And I adopted a  dog today. Her name is Bailey and she is 6-9 months old. She was my stepson's dog and his two little girls did not have the time to take proper care of her (sports and all). I am a happy camper today. And to top it all off I have new shift linkage rebuild parts coming tomorrow! 

DSC01819_zpse7b43d48.jpg

oh gosh, those brake accumulators are a huge problem on 80's audis. 

Im sure it wasnt cheap!

RMEuropean had them listed for like $83 but could not ship due to the nitrogen in the bomb and the state they are located. They did find one for $40 more that they could ship from a different warehouse in a different state..  The bomb has not been a problem but once or twice in the last 3 months. I have read they fail slowly and I am not willing to take a chance with brakes so it will be replaced. Sad part is I was going to take the brake system out of my 88 eta when I part it out but it is still running strong. 

very nice!

that shifter was extremely short :cool:

glad you're getting the parts for it!

I ordered all the bushing and what not. I think I may need the upper part of the shifter (it is listed on realoem as upper shift lever) but I cannot order it from my regular suppliers. I will post pictures of what I have in the morning. To me it looks like someone cut the upper shift lever for some reason. I really don't know. I hope the bushings will make it easier to shift until I can source a new or used lever. I really don't want to spend the money on a short shift kit.

what else do you have planned to do on the car over the next little while? will you be driving it in the snow?

I do not plan on driving it in the snow. I have my eta that I will drive during the winter and parting in spring. It's such a good runner I have not had the heart to part it out. Just keep driving it. To be honest I drive the eta all summer too as my hauler. 

The eta has a blue interior that I am going to swap into the 533, in fact I have started but have been sidetracked  :o. I am in not a big hurry. I have 2 garage stalls that I need to clean out before anything else. 

I replace the shifter and lower shift bearing but I did not replace the plate mounts or shift coupling. They are secured by an inverted torx. I have the tools but not here. It really is tight under there. I did not take off the exhaust or drive shaft. Am I fighting a losing battle here?

It shifts like a new car with what I have replaced. I can't wait to finish the job!

Before

DSC01674_zpsade0d5cf.jpg

After

DSC01881_zps47d4ab39.jpg

• 2 weeks later...