WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 air conditioning

6670charger

Question

My E30 needs a charge to the A/C, but still has the original style refrigerant.  I know I'll have to have that evacuated from the system and need a new fitting for the R134.  My question is which fitting I need to get to replace the current one?  How hard are they to change?  Is this something I can do once the old refrigerant is removed?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

No need to convert. 

This stuff works great

I bought a kit on Amazon 3 years ago for around $75 that included 2 cans of refrigerant, a can of oil, and the gauge/filler.  It is still working fantastic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREEZE-12-R12-Refrigerant-JOHNSENS-6000-Freeze12-freon-AC-system-car-truck-new-/330951644926?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0e4156fe&vxp=mtr

That sounds like an awesome suggestion.  My indy told me it would cost about $200 to change the fittngs, evac the R12 and put in new refrigerant.  $75-100 is a much better deal, and sound like a better solution.  Figured you'd all know some good info.

How many cans of this stuff is equivalent to 2lbs?

Thanks!!