WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Need a Wheel runner

REKIII

So, I have this set of HRE's that I need refinished.  I took them down by the wheel guy that services Cocours and International.  One of the wheels had a bend, and he couldn't repair it.  So I sent that wheel off to Chicago, and the repair went fine.

Now I need them refinished.  I'm thinking that he is still the guy to have do it, as he says he has a powdercoat that is very very close to black chrome.  That is the look I'm going for, something like this:

imag1557-2.jpg

Here is the kicker.....I have no idea when I'll be able to get these wheels down to him.  So, I'd like to see if one of you car guys, who know something about wheels, would want to pick these up for me in West Bend, take them to him, pick out the color, and bring them back to me in West Bend.  I'd pay you whatever you thought was fair, for your trouble.

2 off the wheels have a small amount of curbage that need repair, I'd point all of this out to you to show him.

As for payment to wheel guy, I could easily be gotten on the phone and give my credit card.

So....who is up for this?  I am looking to have it donw in the next week or so.

Also, I'm open to suggestions on finishes.  I'm pretty sure they have ot be a solid color, becasue while they are 3 piece, HRE will not sell the seals, so I don't want to split them at this time.  I'm pretty firm on the Black chrome, but I've been swayed before

Here is what they look like on the car:

fest11-01.jpg

So....let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

I might be able to swing it depending on the day=) I would highly recommend him splitting them and reassembling them for you if possible. You seal three piece wheels with a bead of silicone around the mating edge. You can text me about it

So....new developments.  I just got off the phone with the wheel guy (Stephano @ AWR) and I think it's pretty much done with him.  He does great work, but really no options.

First I asked him if I took the wheels apart, will he powder just the centers and outers.  He hee'd and haw'd and said that really anybody can do that, and his machines are set up to powder assembled wheels.  He insisted that any powdercoater can do the dissassembled parts, which I agree with.

Then I asked him, if I brought just the curbed lips, would he repair the lips?  He said sure, unless they were chrome.  Because these stupid wheels are HRE black chrome, the finish is more like chrome and less like paint, so first I have to get them blasted, before he can repair the curb.

Thoughts?  Is there going to be a one stop shop for this?  My concerns with just finding a good powdercoater is their ability to repair the curb damage on the 2-3 wheels that need the repair.

Are the HRE lips actually chrome with a black coat over them? If they are, he's right. Destruction Warehouse is a place i'd have do mine. Vinny does excellent work. He did a set of wheels for a friend of mine and had to send them out to be dechromed before refinishing. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Destruction-Warehouse-847-406-9200/179336688749264