WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

CONCOURS BMW SHOW

B C

Well... Hate to say it but it seems like this message board is about as juvenile as every other BMW board.  What a waste of time.

I'mma tell you somethin Jeff F, we try to keep it light hearted here. Juvenile isn't the word I'd use, we're a bunch of guys that aren't stuck up dick bags. We like to have a bit of fun, and we're all good friends, so "juvenile as every other BMW board isn't true" because we never bash on people, aside from the occasional tools, and inbreds. Aside from that, this is probably one of the most all around most mature forums I've been on, and I've been foruming since the beginning of the internet.

So I conclude, your comment, is a waste of my server space.

I'd like to think that members such as myself, Kaiser, and Brian keep the momentum going on the forum between intelligible threads and conversations. This one obviously bombed. Whether a person loves it or hates it, the banter and nonsense that goes on helps draw membership and traffic to keep people checking in. Otherwise it would be a place full of new-member introductions with little other action to keep people coming back and the forum would inevitably go stagnant. I made quite an effort to bring interesting technical articles and conversations to the table over the last few years with very little interest. For me it has become a place where I have made some great local friends and we communicate here when we cant hang out and meet in real life. 

Sorry to keep diverting the already derailed thread. Just stating my thoughts on how I believe  the absurdity has sustained traffic on this site. This is definitely my favorite site on the web because of it. 

I'm gonna close this thread. Summary: The off-topicness/derailing is better than it used to be. We hope you stay around Jeff, its all part of the growing pains but at the same time this is a place for both serious discussion and fun. Somestimes they get mixed and we end up with something like the end of this thread, which happens by nature of the internet. If anyone has issues/questions, PM me.

Hopefully all that missed the show can make it next year!