WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WiBimmers Lake Meet Kinda of Thing... Or Whatever

StewCrew

And a proper set of coils? $1500 at least. So it's really not terribly expensive. And if you have manual controls it can be done for 1000$ if you can fab your front struts.

Actually any set of coil overs is proper. You can get stance coils for 900$ and those are far more then what you'd ever need. Just saying. yes, they make 35 way adjustable coilovers. But let's be honest here. None of you track your car or drift it to the point where you'd need that. Manual controls on air ride is gay btw. And hasn't been used in years.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually any set of coil overs is proper. You can get stance coils for 900$ and those are far more then what you'd ever need. Just saying. yes, they make 35 way adjustable coilovers. But let's be honest here. None of you track your car or drift it to the point where you'd need that. Manual controls on air ride is gay btw. And hasn't been used in years.

people use manual all the time for budget setups. I would spring the extra cash and get decent management. Manual setups have a lot more room for leaks and issues.

35 way adjustable is too much. Not for a car that gets street driven.

It works for Jake though since it doubles as a track car. It makes the ride more comfortable, and allows you to have a very refined setting at the track=)

And I meant that you could edit so instead of posting three times, you just put it all in one=D

Manual air ride- non adjustable coils. E-management-adjustable coils. Not saying that they are comparable in ride quality or anything, but in their separate markets they kind of compare.

I'm not sure why you're stating adjustable and non-adjustable coils for....you're confusing me. You can put a bag on any strut/coil and use either manual or digital management. All digital management does is uses electrical switches to operate a solenoid. In a manual system, you're literally manually managing the air.

It works for Jake though since it doubles as a track car. It makes the ride more comfortable, and allows you to have a very refined setting at the track=)

This. 8 up front and 10 in back is as soft as I go, which is when the coils are raised. Thats comfy as hell, but not as low as Id like. 12 front 15 back is good for being low and stiff, but not too stiff where youre bouncing everywhere like cut springs, and not too soft where your oil pan is saying "hi" to every bump. Anything higher than that has worked wonders for me at le track.

I'm not sure why you're stating adjustable and non-adjustable coils for....you're confusing me. You can put a bag on any strut/coil and use either manual or digital management. All digital management does is uses electrical switches to operate a solenoid. In a manual system, you're literally manually managing the air.

Manual air- budget lows. Shitty coils- budget lows. Real coils- do what they are made for properly. E- management and a non budget setup- do what it's made for properly.

Ok that'd be awesome, was there a lot of space to drive around, or do you have to stick to plowed paths like Lake Winnebago?

I'm thinking either next weekend or possibly the week after. I have off Thurs-Sun evening, and I definitely will go even if I go by myself lol

Oh no. FUck you. If you're going. I am coming with. I ain't got shit planned.