WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

need4 what?

I finally am making an introductory post for those who may not know me. My name is Nick, Im 23 and lived here my whole life. My user name originated from need for speed high stakes back in the day (12 years ago??) and I havent changed it since then. I love cars, to say the least... Here is how it began.

I got an 83 320i from my dad when I was 16. It was a 5 speed manual and had ~100k miles when I got it. I drove it for 2 years and really enjoyed it. I loved the full lock in the winter and driving with the sunroof and windows down in the summer. I really didnt do much exciting to it other than remove the front bumper and a/c. I later sold it to someone from school, and then they sold it to bassboy3313 on here.

Posted Image

The car fit perfectly in a shopping cart rack at walmart. Haha.

Posted Image

I turned 18 and bought a 325ix from Twseers89 (on here?). The car had some rust, bust was a blast to drive. I did a lot of typical maintenance to it. It treated me well the whole time I had it. I sandblasted, cut out, and repaired all the rust really well. I ended up painting it and selling it, which I regret doing after spending weeks repairing all the rust really well. These cars can really grab the road, snow, anything.

Posted Image

Around 19, I bought a 325e from a hispanic guy with a 2pac shirt on the south side(long story short).. The car was rough. I put a lot of time and money into it, and ended up buying a 2.5L "i" engine and doing a 2.7i swap from another member on this forum before the forum existed. I put some convertible seats in it, a crack free dash, some 17s lol. The car turned out to be pretty quick. I learned a lot from it. I later sold it to someone, probably on this forum, that wanted to make a track car out of it.

The day I got it.

Posted Image

Months later..

Posted Image

Posted Image

The engine build..

Posted Image

Posted Image

About 3 years ago I bought another 325e from yet another member on here. It was a pretty solid car, it ran great. I did not do much to the engine, but ended up painting it avus blue in my driveway. I sold it to the same guy I sold my first e21. He lives in Tennessee now and still owns it. I never got any good pictures of it, before/after. I took my time doing the body work and painting. The current owner has a really nice picture of the car when he got it, Ill try to find it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Around that time, I picked up an e36. I wanted to swap the motor in the 325e, but both ran too good. I ended up trading it for subwoofers, some money, and a pack of gum.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0019-6.jpg

About 2 years ago I picked up an e21 and sold it to a coworker. It was an automatic. :( I did a lot of typical maintenance like usual. I got an offer and spontaneously sold it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_20111120_162517.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/100_0403.jpg

Continued....

Edited by need4speed1299

Part 2..

Maybe a year and a half ago, I bought a really solid e30. It was an 85 325e with all the options other than an LSD. It had euro interior. I had to buy it. It had running issues though, but I limped it home for a 2.7i swap.. again.

The day I got it.

Posted Image

Stunningly clean bottom end.

Posted Image

Custom c101 adapter, square to circle.

Posted Image

Boxes...

Posted Image

Parts!

Posted Image

Engine..

Posted Image

Complete..

Posted Image

Interior..

Posted Image

I still have the red e30 and love it. I recently bought an e46 and have been doing lots of typical maintenance. I need to take more recent pictures of both these cars. Here is one of the few I have of the e46. I am working on it this weekend and will try and get pictures of it before it gets dark out.

Posted Image

Current Day-

I graduated from WCTC for Automotive Collision Repair almost a year ago. I work at my Dad's shop out in Jackson where I recently moved. I learn something new everyday about cars, and if I don't I remind myself of what I learned yesterday. Here's a picture of me learning how horrible those rods are for springing open a sentra trunk, Haha.

Posted Image

Well, that is my BMW style introduction. Sorry for the picture sizing issues. I would post the other non-bmw cars, but this has taken me an hour and a half already. I do like other cars, but BMW has driven me many miles and counting. It blows my mind looking back at what I thought I new 2 years ago and what I know now. Lastly, of all the cars I've worked on, I enjoy working on my BMW the most. I hope to see you guys at the next meet. Thank you for reading!

Edited by need4speed1299

Yeah he was! Definitely hustled me tha SOB!! Its all good tho. I got rid of a non-running car and received one hell of a fun one in return. Granted it was a POS when I got it, I think I've slowly fixed everything that Fat Bob ruined in this car. Almost!

LOL you know that at some point in the last couple years he has probably thought to himself "Where did I put that extension cord" forgetting that it was used as e-fan wiring :P