WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Engine Bay Tucking/Shaving Debate

Brian.

Amazing! I need to see a wire-tucked car in person so I can see what kind of cluster it is where all the electrical is stowed

Looks like shit. And if you have any problem with something that's tucked, have fun pulling your hair out trying to fix it. Especially electrical. Stretching out wiring harnesses is a pain in the ass.

Looks like shit. have fun wrenching on it, won't wanna chip your mint ass engine bay. It just looks too empty. And when shit goes wrong, it goes really wrong.

Won't be a problem for me. Nothing I'm tucking is hard to get at. The harness you never need to touch=) Plus use fender mats and magnetic trays to work on your car=P

Edit: Less is more Brian. Remember that

I like a cleaned up bay, not tucked, shaved all you see is block, and nothing else. it just looks like you're trying to hard.

I'm not doing it for anyone but myself=) lol Unused bracket and holes, knots of wires and hoses. That is all nasty looking clutter to me.

simplified? You're high. Tucking and shaving a bay is a pain in the asshole. have fun stretching your wires! That is the worst.

None of mine need to be extended. lol The biggest pain is removing the seam sealer for me. The rest is simple. Simplified my friend. No extra hoses, wires, or tanks in my way=)