WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tourin'

straight6pwr

as many of you may know my e30 was wrecked this summer. I finally bought a replacement: an e34 touring.

i was holding out for either a nice sedan e30 or a e34 525/5 but ended up with neither. Couldn't find one worth buying in 3 1/2 months of searching, and my time was up for being car-less, so I settled for a e34 530/auto.

downsides: my soul has died a little with the autotragic, and the m60 is not as reliable as the m50. i already have an intake leak/CEL. :(

upsides: car is one of the better maintained examples I have seen for sale, and the versatility of the touring is undeniably great. maybe b40/6 speed in the future?

car is granitsilber with black interior. the summer wheels will be refinished 17" style 5s.

mods planned: ditch crappy shift console (done), stiffen up the suspension, better headlights, then small cosmetic stuff like shadowline/smoked turns/etc

i havent even had time to take good photos yet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

i will post updates in this thread as they happen, albeit it slower than I probably would like.

Looks like a good score! Love the color. How's the acceleration with that tiny V8 compared to your E30? I had no clue that they had a 530 touring but it makes sense since they had the 540 and 525.

Do you like the wide grille?

I'm not much of a turbo guy but this car might be a good candidate for a remote mount (rear mounted) turbo setup if you were looking to do something different.

I look forward to more pics!

5 speeds are hard to come by for the 530i, unless someone knows that some e36 tranny fits. so long term plan is m60b40 with 6 speed swap. acceleration is acceptable, it has only 220hp but more torque than the 6. i'm torn over the grills. i like the early ones better, but don't think its worth paying for the stuff to swap em out.

Edited by straight6pwr

5 speeds are hard to come by for the 530i, unless someone knows that some e36 tranny fits. so long term plan is m6b40 with 6 speed swap. acceleration is acceptable, it has only 220hp but more torque than the 6. i'm torn over the grills. i like the early ones better, but don't think its worth paying for the stuff to swap em out.

The smoked corners are going to look incredible! Ive driven a tired abused E39 540i with automatic and the performance didn't disappoint. A healthy motor with a 6spd in presumably a slightly lighter chassis should be plenty exciting. Does your car have an LSD?

This car has great potential to become very "german-looking" if that makes any sense :P

Edited by Snap Understeer