WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Bimmer vs Beemer vs Beamer

rampelsauce

Its pretty much car vs motorcycle vs non-existent. I came across someone saying that there's no evidence of Bimmer being spelled the way it is since the use of the internet. I say nay! Ever since I was a young lad I have been to Road America pretty much every year. I always walked past the corral area that had the "Bimmer Bivouac" sign above it and wondered what the hell a Bimmer was until I was old enough to figure it out.

Anyway, does anyone else out there get a little irritated about people using this improperly? Kind of random but that's what Im on about.

I think its annoying when people say "Beamer" but I don't typically correct them... Unless its someone who owns a BMW, or wants to learn more about them.

What pisses me off MORE is people who say they have an M car when they dont. I had a friend in the military who swore he had a 1990 M3, but told me it didn't have the "body kit". I told him it wasn't an M3 and he still argues to this day that it was an M3.

What pisses me off MORE is people who say they have an M car when they dont. I had a friend in the military who swore he had a 1990 M3, but told me it didn't have the "body kit". I told him it wasn't an M3 and he still argues to this day that it was an M3.

This is irritating , however sometimes confusing for me. I heard a rumor that BMW dealers put performance packages on stock cars and threw a plain jane M badge on them. Confirm/Deny?

But its annoying when someone has a metal bumper car with an M3 badge and they claim its an "early M3"

I get this crap all the time with e36 owners. A couple guys were chilling with me and a friend, guy rolls up in a completely bone stock 325i, auto, with an improperly placed //M badge on the back. I asked why he didnt remove it for a cleaner look, and our conversation went something to the effect of

Him: "why the fuck would I do that? I want people to know I have an M3"

Me: "But you dont HAVE an M3.."

Him: "Yes I do."

Me: "NO you DONT. Thats a 325 with an M badge on the back, and in the wrong place I might add."

Him: "You drive that ugly POS, I wouldnt expect you to know the difference." (I had my rusty old 318is along)

Me: "I've owned and worked on 3 e36s, two were M3s. I know what i"m talking about. Yours doesn't even have M3 bumpers/mirrors.."

Him: "Fuck off. You dont know what you're talking about."

Me: *walks away before my brain melts*

I've seen a few vettes around, but someone revved at me the other day like a ricer, would that of been you? LOL...

It's actually pretty clean.. M tech kit.. With some fake M pars that look real.. But the M 5 badge ruined it.. I saw you driving a few days ago? I was in a murdered vette... Loudest vette in keno lol I was trying to get your attention. Close by gateway