WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Get your car on TV at Road America

Guest OptimaJim

Guest OptimaJim

Hello, my name is Jim McIlvaine and I am the eCare Manager for OPTIMA Batteries, Inc. I wanted to let you guys know that we are having a qualifying event at Road America as part of our search for the ultimate street car, on June 22nd-24th. We will be filming this event for later airing on TV, as we've done with our past OUSCI events. To get an idea of what those look like, you can check out this video. (Bill Goldberg will be our host for this event as well)

Each participant in this event will receive two free tickets to the NASCAR race at Road America that weekend. At least two vehicles in this event will be chosen to compete for the 2012 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car title at our event in Nevada, immediately following the SEMA show. We will also be giving away entries to the 2012 Sandhills Open Road Challenge ($1,000 value) to select competitors in the Faceoff at Road America. For more information on the Faceoff at Road America and the OUSCI, please visit www.optimainvitational.com If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Jim McIlvaine

eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

www.twitter.com/optimabatteries

Guest OptimaJim

Hi rampelsauce, Road America is actually a road course, where drivers turn in both directions. You can find more information about it here- www.roadamerica.com Our event will also be utilizing the big track, as well as an autocross, so there will be plenty of right hand turns all weekend. I would hate to stereotype all BMW owners as either liking or hating any particular kind of racing, especially because one of our lead engineers is a BMW owner and insisted I post on this forum about our event, after having enjoyed himself so much at our 2010 Faceoff event. We did invite a 1961 Mercedes to participate in our 2010 Ultimate Street Car Invitational, so I hope we can find an older BMW or two that might be able to find it's way around a track.

Jim McIlvaine

eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

www.optimainvitational.com

Edited by OptimaJim

• 2 weeks later...