WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Madison/Ripon area. E28 Owner.

Brian.

So, I acquired this car in a weird way, traded my 2000 CVPI (Crown Vic police interceptor) for this, beauty off my friend.

Runs good, everything works perfectly.

197,000 miles. Only rust is on the drivers door, other then that, rust free.

Modifications so far:

Came with Voxx rims, Clarion Headunit and a 2.5" exhaust 25K HID fog lights (deep deep purple)

Modifications to come: Entire car is getting flat blacked, with carbonfiber roundels, gloss black 5'ers, flat black rims, an 20% tint all around. It's getting an aluminum plate welded to the bottom of the oil pan, as it sits the lowest, an I don't want to deal with cracked pans. So I can go static super low :)

Anyways, heres some pictures of my ugly beast.

Posted Image

Sitting in my shop/paint booth.

Posted Image

The day I picked her up

Posted Image

Parked next to another e28, but this one is a 538e (basically a "super econo" because customers complained about terrible gas milage)

Posted Image

Heres my laugh at their "bad gas milage"

Welcome.

There is no way the OBC is accurate in displaying MPG... At least not in that case.

If so, i guess I need a E28 in my life!

It's not accurate. But it does get pretty damn good gas milage.

Please don't flat black it. Vinyl wrap it yourself. Lasts much longer and is reversible:) welcome

It's getting plasti-dipped. So it is reversible.

nice car! need some inspiration?

although flat black looks cool in pictures, it never looks as good in person.

That looks amazing who's is that? I have a hard time finding nice e28's sadly. Everyones either got E24's or E30's...

Welcome!

+1 on the vinyl wrap, it would be cheaper and reversible down the road. Maintaining flat black paint can be a PITA, it gets dirty super fast, and touching it up in the event it gets scratched is very, very difficult.

Like previously mentioned. It's getting plasti-dipped, It's like a vinyl wrap, but you spray it on yourself. :)

leave it to TJ to instantly try selling him something lol.

welcome aboard. i expect you to be at the dirte haus next saturday so we can all see this beauty in person

I wish I could.. I work weekends =\ But I'm transferring jobs, an making the full move to Madison relatively soon, so that will change. An I will be able to come out to these events finally :D

You'll enjoy it here in Madison; plenty of hipsters and you'll see hundreds of Recall Walker stickers hourly!

Oi snap, Madison people. Should shoot me a PM, I'm new to Madison, could always pick up a few good friends, an bimmer buds ;P

There is actually a ton of e28 guys killing it on Stanceworks;) My favorite still has to be Mooses car:P

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9255

Love that car. I dunno though. I have a fetish for e30 m3's.. But this bimmer is so clean.

Also added to the list of shit to get, is a DTM Fiberwerks front valence. :)

Hey Sarah, I didn't sadly. Didn't know your screen name on here. Btw, when are we getting you into another BMW?!

oh..duh lol..oh well. ...yeeaaahhh well see..Tony and I are getting our own apartment...so we're gonna be broke...and I'm in homemaker mode so I'd rather buy kitchen appliances and plates and bowls and silverware than buy a bmw right now.

My name is Piku...and I want to be a housewife.

Posted Image

Edited by piku
It's funny because she's beating meat...