WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

October C&C?

i_love_cars

well i lucked out - i ordered my new water pump yesterday and turns out the place I got it from was based out of Illinois so everything was delivered today. I fully expected it to be delivered on like Monday or something. So I'm gonna replace it tonight so I should have a functioning BMW for Sunday.

is anyone else planning to go? 

Yep, I'm planning on going Saturday

I know they have a dynojet, so they're usually considered pretty accurate, not a heartbreaker like a mustang dyno. 

I was planning on heading there after work today, but I need new spark plugs, as it just started  misfiring above 18psi, I ordered some from amazon on Tuesday, they said guaranteed delivery by Thursday, and they somehow arrived in Des Moines, Iowa this morning (mind you they shipped from the new amazon Kenosha facility). So I likely won't be getting them until tomorrow. I'm trying to find a store around here that carries the NGK 5992 or Bosch ZGR6STE2 and so far, no luck.. 

dyno is about gains from stock-to-wherever you are currently modded, not top numbers. Mustang dynos aren't inaccurate at all, assuming you compare apples to apples and always use the same dyno for the same car whenever you want to see a change in power from a mod as a percentage.

Any dyno, including a heartbreak (mustang) dyno, can be fabricated to produce large numbers but they are still going to all be relative if you ran the same car bone stock on the same dyno with the same configuration. I could have a dynojet show my car making 600 hp but that doesn't mean anything in isolation. 

now are you coming to some god damn cars and coffee or not?!

I know they have a dynojet, so they're usually considered pretty accurate, not a heartbreaker like a mustang dyno. 

I was planning on heading there after work today, but I need new spark plugs, as it just started  misfiring above 18psi, I ordered some from amazon on Tuesday, they said guaranteed delivery by Thursday, and they somehow arrived in Des Moines, Iowa this morning (mind you they shipped from the new amazon Kenosha facility). So I likely won't be getting them until tomorrow. I'm trying to find a store around here that carries the NGK 5992 or Bosch ZGR6STE2 and so far, no luck.. 

I had a shipping problem with something from Amazon a couple weeks ago.  I notified them about it and they gave me an additional month of Prime for free.

dyno is about gains from stock-to-wherever you are currently modded, not top numbers. Mustang dynos aren't inaccurate at all, assuming you compare apples to apples and always use the same dyno for the same car whenever you want to see a change in power from a mod as a percentage.

Any dyno, including a heartbreak (mustang) dyno, can be fabricated to produce large numbers but they are still going to all be relative if you ran the same car bone stock on the same dyno with the same configuration. I could have a dynojet show my car making 600 hp but that doesn't mean anything in isolation. 

now are you coming to some god damn cars and coffee or not?!

Accurate isn't the word I should've used. I know the point is to see the gains, otherwise the numbers are more or less relative, like you said. I meant many people consider the dynojet numbers to be the "norm". People always say "250whp on a mustang dyno" blah blah blah, just because they historically read low. I'm know you know this.. just rephrasing what I actually meant. 

Now, C&C, is this in lake mills?