WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

IX/M20 p0rnz

TehRaydarlover

New life goal:

Guy's name is Matti, he's over in finland. He has a similar front diff as to the one that I'm building. The trans, transfer case, and rear diff (clutch type) are all stock. The front and rear driveshafts are upgraded and he has a 5 lug setup using rear E87 1-series hubs in the front. Guess I don't know too much about the engine but the figures are kind of epic. Makes me giggle :D

so what you are telling me is that your diff should hold up to 600+whp and lots of abuse? If so, I'm buying an IX!!!

He uses the car for drag racing so it get beat on pretty hard. At this level the front diff housing isn't strong enough and the pinion and crown gear are getting out of alignment and failing. He said the spider gears are no longer breaking but he has gone through two sets of pinion and crown gears. Honestly I wouldn't even be mad, just impressed it holds up at all drag racing at that power level haha.