WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

DP's and JB4 Removal Wanted

I need to take my car in for wastegate rattle so I need to have the JB4 and downpipes removed. Is there anyone that would be able to do this for me before the end of next week? I'm up to going anywhere in the Madison/Milwaukee/Appleton/Chicago area. I just really need to get this done soon. Obviously, I'd be willing to pay. 

Any recommendations on where to get this done too would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

yea.. life sucks for me.. lots of people need my help but i cant right now. I should open up soon

Haha, no worries. It must be nice to be so in demand.

Any chance of your schedule opening up in the next week or two?  It's getting close to the end of my warranty.  And the rattle is getting loud.

Hopefully it doesn't go away once you put the stock cats back on. Having done many do installs for some reason installing catless downpipes amplifies it. Aka a car that had no noise what so ever had the rattle after we installed them. You have an extended warranty or are you close to the factory mileage warranty on yhe turbos? Also for $250 I can get them replaced just how you are set up now. But you will have to take a drive to Chicago.

Hopefully it doesn't go away once you put the stock cats back on. Having done many do installs for some reason installing catless downpipes amplifies it. Aka a car that had no noise what so ever had the rattle after we installed them. You have an extended warranty or are you close to the factory mileage warranty on yhe turbos? Also for $250 I can get them replaced just how you are set up now. But you will have to take a drive to Chicago.

Well, if it does go away with the stock cats, oh well.  I just don't want to hear it any more.  And I was referring to the factory mileage warranty for the turbos.  I'm in Madison but don't mind taking a drive since there's not really anyone around here.

Im pretty sure the dealer in Milwaukee might .. turn there heads at the downpipes. Id call and ask but dont give them a vin? id remove the jb4 for sure tho

Having worked there I can tell you they will not. Any aftermarket part they will tell bmw about when they make the puma case for authorization to do the turbos.

What's the last 7 of your vin #? I will look into it. I know the rattle bulletin they have out is for e60 and e90 were they say to program. I also know they have been not covering the turbos just because of rattle. Aka needs to have boost faults or such. But like stated I will look into it and get back to you. Most likely will be able to get it coveted though without you having to remove anything.

Ok, that contradicts what I was told by Zimbrick in Madison but if you can get a few more months out of them then that's awesome!

Huh, that's strange because they were the ones that told me about the in-service date.  I also emailed BMWNA and they confirmed what Zimbrick said.

I know some one personally who went to the Milwaukee dealer and they did the swap with the catless pipes. Its a matter who you know i guess regardless id save cash on the swap back and forth to upgrade the turbos with better ones. Just because the rattle will come back. Nature of the beast

I'll probably just keep the cats on after the switch to avoid the hassle in the future if the same problem occurs.  

Which turbo is causing you the rattling issue?  Mine is specifically the front.  I took mine into Dubuque and Davenport BMW dealerships to try to get mine fixed (still all oem) and they turned their noses up at it.  They were trying to "adjust" the wastegates (I could do this just as well), and charge me 16 hours shop time.  Im going to go with either upgraded twins or big single.. not dealing with it anymore..  :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which turbo is causing you the rattling issue?  Mine is specifically the front.  I took mine into Dubuque and Davenport BMW dealerships to try to get mine fixed (still all oem) and they turned their noses up at it.  They were trying to "adjust" the wastegates (I could do this just as well), and charge me 16 hours shop time.  Im going to go with either upgraded twins or big single.. not dealing with it anymore..  :mad:

That sucks that they won't do anything about it.  I took mine to Zimbrick in Madison and it was there for a few hours and they called me and told me they were going to replace them.  They were very easy to work with.