WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Looking for job...

HipMF

Finally fed up with my employer enough to start looking for a new one.

Currently working as an equipment/process technician at a contract manufacturer in the electronics industry.  It's a job, but I don't find it challenging or rewarding and there aren't many opportunities for advancement where I am now. Would prefer to get out of the manufacturing environment and more into the engineering side of things.

I have a journeyman electricians licence, two associates degrees in electronics and computers. I'm creative, an analytical thinkier, good at troubleshooting, and can pick up new things quickly. Prefer to work hands-on more than sitting at a computer all day, but can do both.

My ideal job would be an engineering technician. Would enjoy building prototypes, test fixtures, condudcting tests, basic design work such as laying out PCBs, microcontroller programming, circuit design, etc. However, I'm open to a lot of things, not necessarily just electronics. Willing to relocate if nessesary.

I saw a couple good looking opportunities in the greater Milwaukee area, but they were both listed through a temp agency, which doesn't really float my boat.

Do you know solidworks?

Regardless of if you do or not, I may have a side job for you.  I need to develop a remote control (wired) for hydraulics control.  This would literally bolt over 3 handles and a knob and control them.  It's a little out of my wheelhouse.

If this is something that might be of interest, shoot me a PM.