WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Turbo missing under load

Jeff

Question

So I have a bunch if missing under load on the e36. Found out I didn't hook my wastegate up correctly had the line on the wrong port. Fixed that now have about 10-12psi sweet right well no!

It misses from 3200-5000 my afr goes to 9:1-9:5 5000 it stops missing and shoots to 12:1-13:1 not good plenty of power after it stops missing. What causes the missing? Fixes? Suggestion?

Did you ever find your turbo? In post #1 you stated that it was missing, I would like to think that the thieves returned it.

Please update!

Sadly I have not found it yet. It's like there's a worm hole that it goes to. Had the police department dust for prints and came up with nothing:(

Sadly I have not found it yet. It's like there's a worm hole that it goes to. Had the police department dust for prints and came up with nothing:(

You may be able to locate it using the compressor map.

In other news,I downloaded the WAR Chip software and loaded up the tune.

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

I quickly deleted all bits of the WAR Chip software off my computer after realizing that the values dont actually mean anything.

They create tunes on the dyno to come up with the values in the the tables which is why running different injector sizes besides the ones they have tunes for is not suggested. I would conclude that the WAR chip is meant purely for extending the redline, and going +/- from the meaningless values they provide you to get things fine tuned via guess and check. 

The ignition table isnt even in degrees BTDC.  Some of the values are in the 60's and 70's.

Get some squirts. 

i did forget to update this thread its been a while 

so it turns out that i had a couple of bad spark plugs causing the afr fluctuation so bad

missing when getting more gas at 9:1 then fine when it reaches 12:1  changed the plugs and stedy at 10.5:1 now no missing 

miller performance needs to learn what user friendly really means  and fix there software

I make more power lb for lb of boost in my E36 than any of the other locals running other tunes with same/similar builds when using Miller software. Yeah the software is clunky but if you get a proper VM running with XP it works just fine. Plus the guy developing the new software has it almost done, he is local here in MN, I have had some insight on the new build. It's mostly the same with a lot of usability fixes. 

They don't have a cookie cutter setup. They give you a base tune and that's it. As far as datalogging is concerned, any professional tuner will use their own tools anyway so that part is largely irrelevant for me when considering tuning software. I still make more power than the guys running literal cookie cutter setups that are packaged and sold with a tune already made for it... and I can change shit on a laptop, they can't unless they get a remote tune which requires dyno time. I can go out to the countryside and do pulls, use my wideband's logging capabilities, and go home with a better tune at no cost at all to myself.