WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

custom coilovers = lol

Derflaminflitzer

This doesn't seem normal mr Menard I think it's time for u to order a vanos rebuild kit and I'm thinking about doing mine when I service my cooling system on the e46.

The oil drains out of the lifters after sitting, it's not the vanos.  It can sit for a couple weeks with no problem, it's just when it sits for several months over winter.  The vq30 in our Maxima rattles for a couple seconds if you leave it for a week...

• 2 weeks later...

Shes back on the road! Running better than ever too. Thanks to Snap lending me that clutch tool :) byno means would I call myself a mechanic but I do know my way around an m42 now... that's for sure. Besides the physical aspect of using the picker to pull the motor and then placing the new one back in, I did all that shit by myself. Working on it for two solid nights and some random bits here and there in between. Not bad for a rookie. And by the way, if anyone ever wants to swap an e36 m42 into an e30 you have to swap way more shit than the internet says you do lol

If you would have bought me the trans, drive shaft, diff, swap pan, booster and all the other piddly shit that goes along with the swap I would have. For $400 I can drive my car again. Ill take it. If I swap the car for a 24 valve or anything other than stock motor I would rather do something a lot cooler than an m50. My theory is...it would suck really bad to swap my car for performance gains and still get shit on by an STI or some stupid shit of the sort lol