WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 Fuel System Upgrade Ideas

DrLeadFoot

Question

I have started to think about really upgrading my fuel system.  I began this to get your input and have a running log of what is going through everyones brains.

Has anyone seen a setup like this for an e30?  I can only find e36 setups.  Custom and this one:

http://www.rallyroad.net/content/rally-road-e36-bmw-dual-fuel-pump-hanger

Ideally I would run dual 255 walbros in the tank.  Have 6AN fittings coming out and off of each pump.  Those two lines hook up to a T fitting with a 10AN fitting for the output line and run that to my fuel rail.  Which would be this one:  http://www.rallyroad.net/content/high-flow-billet-fuel-rail

Questions:

-Do you think running two filters on the 6AN lines would be better or one on the 10AN line?

-Return line diameter either 10AN or 8AN to the FPR?

14 answers to this question

Honestly, if i were you, I would run the stock pump to a surge tank(probably -6) And then have a bosch 044 feed the rail. I really think swirl pots help a whole lot, and it makes things easy as well. I would run a -6 return line to your FPR because thats what most of them are, and man, its your return line, you don't need it much bigger. 

Why would I need to do this?

I have to do this fuel thing sooner than later.  The fuel pump took a dump I think.

For the return from the surge tank. Hey will you be at spring green? I would love to shoot some ideas about surge tank placement/size. I would love to have some of my work on your car sir :) 

For the return from the surge tank. Hey will you be at spring green? I would love to shoot some ideas about surge tank placement/size. I would love to have some of my work on your car sir :)

I will not be able to make it. 

Back to the pumps:

Here is the pump I'm going to get.  I might run 2 of these.

http://store.034moto...surge-tank.html which would run in tandem but as an external pump.  These would both be running all the time.

This would be easier and should work just fine. 

im not a fan of dual pumps running in parallel like you would with the hobbs switch, 

Id rather not run dual pumps in series, but thats an easy way to go about it

If it were me, I would have 1 very high flow pump and just let your fuel pressure regulator deal with it.