WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Lol at the cragers not looking horrible on a European car!

Im thinking about doing this for my back bumper and make a low trailer for it as well

http://stancewords.stanceworks.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DSC7181-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

I wouldn't trust this at all for towing unless he did plenty if reinforcement underneath and in the trunk. Using the shock mounts seems like a bad idea in the first place since it's such a common rust point.

I'd have to look up where the oem trailer hitch gets mounted, my euro shell had one. I know it also had extra bracing in the front of the trunk between the strut towers. Guys in Europe tow small campers with these babys!

You should snap a couple pics Chris, I think it could be reinforced and work pretty well, obviously not too big of a trailer though.

I have pictures from the previous owner when it was installed and taken off. I'll look for them next week when I'm home.

Thanks Chris!  So that is an OEM setup?

I guess its not OEM but a euro dealer option Westfalia trailer hitch. Doing some research this exact hitch wouldn't work on a US car but the basic design is a good base for a custom one.

Here is the BMW one, no idea how/where this one mounts underneath but it also has a rear strut tower brace. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DC11&mospid=47220&btnr=71_0088&hg=71&fg=10

Thanks Chris you ARE da MAN!!! And anyone elses thoughts on twin td04 turbos on the seta? With low boost a big ass intercooler and have a y-pipe for the twins to go to the intercooler. I was thinking about angling the trubos back a n=bit and run small pod filters on each and rock the smaller hot side parts from earlier wrxs so dirt cheap good turbos. Next step is to get an e30 i cam and springs with harness and e30 megasquirt pnp so the stroker is gonna happen first then start hording parts for the twins after that. I bet me and mr menard can swap cams and springs and put in a wideband and guage in a fortnight. i want to see if the m20 seta will run lean with stock fuel components before going ham on a new harness and getting megasuirtle

I know nothing about turbo installation, although I know that sizing is critical for a good outcome.  Just finding a random turbo is probably not going to be that great.  Do you know what it came from?  You could also sell it and use the money for a well designed setup.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer, it would just be disappointing to put all of the work into a setup that didn't really work very well.

The turbo I got came from a 2008 WRX which has a larger hot side to it being a 2.5 which means I could run just one but if i swap over to a smaller hot side from the 2.0 boxer turbo It could work as a twin setup or I may sell this and the intercooler im getting in hopes for a more sizable single turbo. I dont wanna go crazy with boost, just enough to get me around 300whp to have some more fun with wider tires.