WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 mods

RamRod E28

I gotta echo what's already been said.  Get all of the routine maintenance done first and foremost,  Is the car still on OEM suspension, and if so is it original?  As strange as this is for me to say (I've always been a power first guy), but suspension is a big deal with these BMWs.  It's not by chance that they handle so damn well, it's been engineered.  So if you're on sloppy suspension I'd save my pennies until a good set of coilovers can be had.

For the most part a CAI can be compared to throwing money away. The OEM airbox on most modern vehicles is pulling cool air from the nose of the car, which will probably be cooler than what the "filter on a stick" CAI will be able to deliver, as it pulls in pre-heated air from under the hood (for the most part).  Of course there are exceptions to this. 

I had to google "shark injector" as it brought some vivid imagery to mind. :)  Think big honkin' shark (Jaws) and a very large hypodermic needle.

Why delete the resonator and/or muffler?

I gotta echo what's already been said.  Get all of the routine maintenance done first and foremost,  Is the car still on OEM suspension, and if so is it original?  As strange as this is for me to say (I've always been a power first guy), but suspension is a big deal with these BMWs.  It's not by chance that they handle so damn well, it's been engineered.  So if you're on sloppy suspension I'd save my pennies until a good set of coilovers can be had.

For the most part a CAI can be compared to throwing money away. The OEM airbox on most modern vehicles is pulling cool air from the nose of the car, which will probably be cooler than what the "filter on a stick" CAI will be able to deliver, as it pulls in pre-heated air from under the hood (for the most part).  Of course there are exceptions to this. 

I had to google "shark injector" as it brought some vivid imagery to mind. :)  Think big honkin' shark (Jaws) and a very large hypodermic needle.

Why delete the resonator and/or muffler?

All of the mainatenance has been done by the previous owner he was super anal about staying on top of everything with this car and the service records don't lie. I want to buy the aem cold air with the baffle to seperate the filter from the heat of the engine and my car has the sport package with the low profile 17s and I think that it handles beautifully for now unless someone can show me their aftermarket coilovers can ride good and handle at the same time I'll roll stock on that and just get my wheels powdercoated.

and another question anyone on here use shark injector on their beemers?