24 members have voted

1. 1. NA or Turbo

• NA all the way
    • I love snails
    • I dont know :(
    • rage driving

Question

Would you run a turbo on your car if you had the time/money/skills/balls

Are you an NA snob like myself and prefer NA engines even though snails are the replacement for displacement? 

state your point of view on snails. 

A compund turbo set up is using 2 turbos

But they are used in sequence. It isn't a twin turbo setup.

A twin turbo setup on a 2jz for example would have three exhaust ports feeding one turbo, and then three feeding another.

On a compound turbo setup, they're used in sequence. You use a smaller turbo that spools fast to feed the large turbo to eliminate boost lag as much as possible=D

But they are used in sequence. It isn't a twin turbo setup.

A twin turbo setup on a 2jz for example would have three exhaust ports feeding one turbo, and then three feeding another.

On a compound turbo setup, they're used in sequence. You use a smaller turbo that spools fast to feed the large turbo to eliminate boost lag as much as possible=D

Very good point my sir

but with an M20, there really isn't any turbo lag, unless you go with a HX40+ or the likes.

Just because you have a hx35 does not mean your not going to have lag. It depends on your tune and also the exhaust housing. If he had something like a 1.07 or even a .94 I bet there would be lag and wouldn't see boost till around 3.2k. Also looking at the compressor map for that it isnt in the efficiency range until around 19-22psi which would mean he probably need a built lower end. Also hx35 is a was outdated turbo technology wise. A t3 garret or borg warner would be leaps and bounds better especially for what he plans on using the vehicle for.