WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tasteful upgrades for S52 4 Max power

Ted

Guest Mott Power

3.38 or 3.64 diff swap and an individual throttle body setup would be what I'd center the project around.  After that then look at the usual exhaust and intake modifications.

Lots of guys on Bimmerfest running ebay headers, various exhausts from the headers back, chip or tune (trm is popular), and they're seeing about 215rwhp. 

I'm sure you know, but without FI you wont be getting much more power out of those motors. Guys are spending $4k to get 250whp on a N/A setup.

Suspension doesn't make the engine faster rowley. Lol With it being obd2, you need a tune. I highly recommend Midnight Tuning. I absolutely love my 93 octane chip. A lightweight flywheel, underdrive pulleys, headers, and m50 manifold would get you sitting good.

As for now I would like to just focus on the engine. Clutch and flywheel will be address separately. I will be doing a rebuild and want to do as much as possible to maximize the BHP . Some items I was thinking was

1-Cams : which ones ?

2-Shaving head for higher compression ?

3-Enlarging and polishing inlet ports on head ?

4- OBD 1 manifold upgrade

5- fuel injectors upgrade which ones?

After that I was thinking to flash ECU with upgrade software such as DINAN stage 2

Then comes all the bolt ons.

Ted

Dinan usually does a great job with their products, but I don't think their tunes are their strong suit. Like I said. I highly recommend midnight tuning. You can tell him exactly what mods you have, what fuel you run, and how you want the rev limiter set at and he will flash it for you.

• 2 weeks later...