WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Badger Bimmers driving event @ BFR June 3rd/July 15th 2013

B C

Who is going to to attend one of these fine events this summer?

http://www.badgerbimmers.org/Badger-Bimmers/Calendar.htm

I would like to do both but am leaning towards doing the July 15th event due to some other things I have going on in June that may conflict.

I also have my eye on one of the BFR "Automotive Track Days" in August or September.

It would be amazingly fun to get a group of guys from here to go down and do some track time.

If you have been hesitant to go or have been making up excuses then make this the year that you get out there and have some fun!!!

^thats a very good point. Is their anything I should/shouldn't do to make my car track-able?

Here is last years tech inspection form that you bring to the track already filled out http://www.badgerbimmers.org/badgerbimmers/PDFs/Forms/BHFTechSheet.pdf

If you are comfortable with doing the inspection yourself then you can fill it out (im sure almost all of us on here fit into that category but you never know) otherwise I guess people would need to take their car to a shop or other mechanic and have them fill it out.

At the track there is a quick tech inspection even though you have the form filled out. It is a check to see that your brake lights work, that your tires arent unsafe (severly dry-rotted/cords showing etc), that there are no loose components in the engine bay, and that your wheel lugs are properly torqued.

I will comment a bit more on this later.

There was an RX8 there last time and a few other non BMW cars. I dont think anyone would mind, just gotta keep the flatbilled hats and energy drinks tucked away. The RX8 must have been taking it real easy because my M20 + all season tires seemed to be busting his balls. I think I got a point from him 3 or 4 times. I know I gave merl a point once or twice. I will have to see if I have check my videos again.

Edited by Snap Understeer

There was an RX8 there last time and a few other non BMW cars. I dont think anyone would mind, just gotta keep the flatbilled hats and energy drinks tucked away. The RX8 must have been taking it real easy because my M20 + all season tires seemed to be busting his balls. I think I got a point from him 3 or 4 times. I know I gave merl a point once or twice. I will have to see if I have you on any of my videos.

RX-8, not that fast. Just saying.