WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

12/15/12 was one FVCKING SH1TTY DAY

jockhater2

So my only cat has been missing for over a month. And on top of that the basement has this terrible smell that we can't figure out what it is. Or where it is coming from. So for Christmas my family and fiance wanted to get me 2 cats. I said no a few weeks ago. But yesterday I said lets go look at some.

I found 2 that were similar age and personalities. The humane society wanted me to take 1 first and see how he does and come back for the other.

So we get home. And I left the cat out of the carrier. My fiance takes him down to his room. I was upstairs making something to eat. She comes upstairs and tells me that he walked back into a crawl space.

I come downstairs to look. She said he went between the brick wall of the house, and the new wood/dry wall of the basement that gives it a finished look.

I tried fitting through the hole but I couldn't. I asked my 4 year old niece if she would do it. She almost did but got scared because of all the spider webs.

I asked my 19 year old brother who has a body like a corn stalk to go back there. He said no at first. But after looking for the cat. He said yes. It was very difficult for him to fit between the wall but he slowly made it to the corner. He shined the flash light around and didn't see the new cat.

But he tells me he found something that I won't believe. I keep asking what is it. But he wouldn't tell me. He asks me to pass his ipod touch through this little hole to him. He takes a picture and a video. And passes it back to me.

I look at the picture. And its my cat (kit kat) that was missing. He had walked back there and laid down to die.

Posted Image

View My Video

I went upstairs showed everything the picture and let them know what we've found. My brother put on a air filter mask (the same ones we use at work in the foundry) and some rubber gloves. We gave him 2 bottles of rubbing alcohol, some bleach/cleaning agent and the eucalyptus oil to make it smell better.

When he passed me the body in the bag. Wow. was it horrible smelling.

I feel terrible that my brother had to do all that. But the cat died right behind his bed in the wall. So now his room smells a lot better.

On the other note. We still had this new cat missing. He is 2 years old. We looked every where. Had 6 adults, and 3 kids looking for him. We overturned and dug through everything. Left out a can of tuna for the night. And started looking again first thing this morning. Still no luck.

Sucks

Sorry to hear that man, its bad enough that you had to lose it in the first place, but then that you had to find it again in that condition :\

Cats are awesome, hope the replacement is every bit as good as the original!

Yeah i just talked to the humane society for some tips. They told me to stop looking for the new cat and just to let him come out with he is ready.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...