WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Ssoooooo... Who wants to make some monies helpin me wrench??

Ryan...

Question

Well guys, my baby needs some (aka a lot) of work.. I'm looking for someone that possesses more tools and knowledge than I to help me do some work. I dont have a garage or tools, but I have some money and can get your favorite choice of beer, alcohol or soda :)

Honestly, I'd rate my mechanical prowess around a 4/10, so it would probably be me watching/trying to be useful :o

Stuff I need done:

Transmission replacement- I can tow it anywhere, or I can pay for your gas + time to come here to chilton and work on it in my mom's driveway where it sits.

Timing Belt- Already talked to Ten2Doyle about this, but if you wanna come watch/help drink beer, you're more than welcome :)

Rear Wheel Bearing- A guy in Appleton offered to do it for $100 (I have the bearing), if you wanna do it for less, you're more than welcome to do it!

** I also have an e36 M3 parts car, I'll trade parts for work!!

If anyone is interested, you can respond here or call/text 920 340 0006

9 answers to this question

Saw your parts car online. I wouldnt mind making the trip up there to help wrench and bring one of my small tool boxes on a Sunday if its nice out. Let me know when you're planning to wrench. My BMW specific knowledge is limited, but I turn wrenches on anything from heavy construction equipment to two stroke motorcycles. Keep me posted man.

Guest stealthbimmer

Well, wanna tow your car to waukesha? I have a lift, makes things easier ;) That is a long haul though. That is all easy work... Unfortunately, my free time is slim/none (especially with fishing season opening in a couple weeks..ha) But, I would be willing to help out.

Thanks guys, I'm sure these are all things that can be relatively easy to tackle, but I get so frustrated doing this crap alone and end up giving up/throwing shit lol

Stealth, there are a couple people I've texted back and forth with from Hartland, would you happen to be named either Chris or Tim?

Guest stealthbimmer

Nope, but I know Chris...may know Tim, just not by name. I live in Hartland, but my shop is in Waukesha. I also have an e30 parts car if anyone needs any parts.

jump on the wheel bearing guy's deal.

i can lend a free hand with the timing belt/transmission when you decide to do it.

yeah I think I'm gonna do that, but now its either gonna have to wait until I can find someone's car dolly to borrow, or wait until the new tranny is in.. I'll ask him how much he wants for that too while I'm at it. Maybe I'll get a package deal lol

Nope, but I know Chris...may know Tim, just not by name. I live in Hartland, but my shop is in Waukesha. I also have an e30 parts car if anyone needs any parts.

I think his name is Tim Jason, he's building a 325e for his son I believe, all new carpets/seats/dash..

Ryan, Id help ya :) My garage has just about everything but a lift and a decent air compressor. I think the wheel bearing could be done here and the Tbelt, hell Iv swapped engines in my garage. I dont know about the tranny but the rest I think we could tackle (mind you, I havent done either so I'll be going into it as a first timer, but I am a mechanic...)