WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Motegi Contest

visian

It's not BMW related, but it's car related so I figure I'll post it here. I just entered a design contest for a vinyl wrap on Motegi Racing's new Ford Fiesta RallyCross car.

The top 3 Facebook likes in the contest move into the final round of judging. I could use some likes to stay at the top of the pack. Who wants to help a fellow bimmer out?!

Just follow the link below and like the image, that's all you need to do!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151199784792008&set=a.10151144883002008.485929.116089027007&type=1&theater

thanks!

ian

Thanks Ryan! Fun little side project. If I win they'll put my design on their car and I get a trip to Vegas for the Global RallyCross Championships end of September. Facebook garbled the hell out of my upload, here's a crisper version:

Edited by visian

Thanks Ryan! My upload got garbled a bit by facebook but I think the details still come through ok. If I win they'll put the design on their car and I get a trip to Vegas for the Global RallyCross Championships.

i've found this helpful for maintaining image quality for when uploading to facebook. some of work lately has been for facebook promo, so i did a little research. figured it might be helpful to you in the future...

http://albertyap.com/blogs/2011/02/10/tutorial_sharp_fb_pic/

Aw man Tom, I should have followed those directions, definitely would have helped with clarity.

Not sure if my design is what Motegi is looking for, but in the popular vote I'm currently second by a narrow margin, so that's good! There will probably be a big push by every contender in the last week, so I could use more! (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151199784792008&set=a.10151144883002008.485929.116089027007&type=1&theater)

I'll know by Sept. 12th if I win. I've never been to Vegas, so who knows how I'll react! Should probably leave my wallet at home haha.

I made a red version too, which is more in line with the Motegi brand colors. Check it out:

Edited by visian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys, the itinerary they have set up for me is going to be awesome I think.

Letm ek now if you want any tips for vegas. I'm no expert but I've been there a few times.

Any and all tips welcome! I've never been so I don't know what is really worth seeing and what isn't. Bet on Red at the roulette wheel?

I'm sure you have your hotel and a lot of the meals pre planned. Not sure when you will have free time.

For gambling, I'm not your guy, I dabble, but nothing hard core.

Try to take one night and walk the strip.....but not on the street, go through all the different hotels. Go all the way down one side and back the other. Take some time in each to grab a drink and check out all the stuff. There is so much to see. NYNY is really cool (although I wouldn't stay there). There ferrari dealership in the Wynn is cool. There are good restaraunts scattered around. I try to hit Smith & Wollenskys steak house one night......the best steak fellet ever.

If you have another free night go down town to the freemont st experience. Drinks are cheap, people watching is fun, and the light canopy is awesome. Plus you can stop by the Pawn shop from Pawn stars on the way down.

The ghost bar on top of the palms is pretty cool. Might catch a celeb there on the right night.

Plan your clubs in advance. If you don't have VIP entrance, a wad of cash or a group of really hot women with you don't bother, you won't get in. Usually you will get complimentary line skip if there is a club in the hotel you are staying in.

Other than that, bring a lot of money for drinks if you like to drink....not like Milwaukee expensive, more. Redbull Vodka - $12-$18, Captain & Coke - $10-$16, etc.

Have fun. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.