WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Scales to weigh a car

Boris3

Anyone know somewhere around Milwaukee where I can get access to some scales to get my car weighed? Weigh station, truck scales, other?? Thanks, Rich

http://catscale.com/cat-scale-locator I went to the one in Oak Creek just off the freeway. I think they charged $9 or maybe it was $19, I cant remember.

Im still needing to weigh mine again. Last weight was 2720 lbs with half tank, no driver, full interior (all seats in place,+junk in glovebox +fire extinguisher) and trunk (spare tire, OE toolkit, jack etc)

Looking to post something in the high 2500's to low 2600's next time. Let me know when you want to go down and I may join you. The buddy system is crucial around truck stops in order to avoid potential trucker rape

Posted Image

Just look at the suspenders!!! :o

Snap and I went down to the Oak Creek cat scale this morning. $9.50 to weigh the car, and a puzzled cashier wondering why we would want to do such a thing.

1990 325i two door, with me in it (185 lbs), 4 pt Kirk roll bar, race seats and harnesses, suspension tweaks, interior pretty much intact, 3/4 tank of gas, spare tire, jack etc... came in at 3000 lbs even. Weight distribution was 1540 front (51.3%) and 1460 rear (48%).

Guest TurboJake

If you're ever in wausau, the local Veolia waste disposal doesn't lock the gates to their scale overnight. Easy as hell to zip in, see weight on scale, zip out.

If you need it in the day, my local scrapyard also has a scale where you can see the weight. Pop in, weigh, pop out.