WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

any known custom exhaust shops??

mystere30

Question

so...if i were to want to get a custom exhaust done by a shop...does anyone know any reputable shops that would do such things? i dont have welder/welding experience, and i would rather just have it all done at once and not have to worry about it. i hate exhaust work.

if anyone knows of any places let me know.

thanks!!

14 answers to this question

I had my M5 exhaust completely built from scratch including 2 custom made cans by beyond redline in Green bay. www.beyondredline.com

I wouldn't go there. I've heard no good reviews from Beyond Redline, an I've been in my fair share of cars, numerous car styles everyone said, to not go to them. But maybe they've changed. Either way, that's a long drive for Tony

I wouldn't go there. I've heard no good reviews from Beyond Redline, an I've been in my fair share of cars, numerous car styles everyone said, to not go to them. But maybe they've changed. Either way, that's a long drive for Tony

It is a long drive. I really wont go anywhere else, different experiences i guess.

Guest quillbro

interested in this as well... not really happy with my exhaust. Its a two pipe system, Id like to go to a single, delete the cats, ect. my s50 sounds like a pussy right now. Not that I want it to be annoyingly loud either. But id like to at least hear the motor a bit.

i ended up going to classic muffler. its on 70th and fon du lac. they do good work at a reasonable price. just kind of told him what i wanted and he did it. he just kept saying "ya dont wanna go too loud or the cops'll be all over ya"

...i drove an e30 with just headers for the longest...and didnt care...he just wouldnt give up with the cops thing. good place tho. it was quick. went on a wednesday for an estimate, brought it in on friday and it took like 2 hours. done. they guy knows what hes doing. just a question of if he'll actually do what you want him to do. definitely worth going to see.

my .02

Guest quillbro

i ended up going to classic muffler. its on 70th and fon du lac. they do good work at a reasonable price. just kind of told him what i wanted and he did it. he just kept saying "ya dont wanna go too loud or the cops'll be all over ya"

...i drove an e30 with just headers for the longest...and didnt care...he just wouldnt give up with the cops thing. good place tho. it was quick. went on a wednesday for an estimate, brought it in on friday and it took like 2 hours. done. they guy knows what hes doing. just a question of if he'll actually do what you want him to do. definitely worth going to see.

my .02

hahhaa awesome story.... I should maybe give them a try when i have some free time. What did it cost you? Was it headers back? Cat or no cat? Im looking for basically a 2.5" single catless...

well i had a leak at the flex pipe so he fixed that, took out the resonator and threw in a glass pack, kept the cat it and finished it out with straight pipes. (this is on my 99 passat) passed emissions with flying colors, and it still has a nice little tone to it for my daily. it ended up costing me about $400