WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New member saying 'hello'

Guest jdizzle

Guest jdizzle

Hey all,

Just picked up my first BMW, a 1990 e30 convertible. Excited to be part of the community and look forward to tinkering with it over the coming months and years.

Posted Image

Welcome my fellow e30 owner!

The vert looks to be in very nice shape! You don't see too many cars with the oxblood interior.

Is it a cali car? looks to nice to have lived in the midwest its whole life.

I am guessing its an automatic, if so I just finished a manual swap over the winter and have a bunch of leftover parts in case you need anything locally. I really need to put together a proper for sale thread but haven't done so yet.

I have a torque convertor, radiator, < 6 month old trans mounts, ABS pump, ABS computer, washer fluid reservoir, coolant reservoir, coolant level sensor, auto trans guts, non-ellipsoid engine bay plastic cover pieces, factory airbox setup, 6 button OBC with working backlight, good idle control valve, intake boot, brake master cylinder, brake booster and some other random items.

Im always open to trading parts if you have any spares to trade.

Hope to see you around sometime

Guest jdizzle

A very warm welcome, thanks everyone! I originally thought the interior was cardinal red (only because I didn't know there was an oxblood color too), does the pitcure indicate oxblood? That would make a difference in my first quest to fix the most annoying thing about the car - the horrible driver's seat. Sagaris, I appreciate the offer, and yes it is an auto. As of right now, I don't think it needs any of those items, but I will definitely keep you in mind or if you have recommendations I'm all ears!

Anyway, we are now the third owners, the first being in Las Vegas and the second in Tennessee. It has a few small patches of rust, a few chips in the paint and just the normal wear and tear type stuff. Other than that she has 110K miles and drives great. The first day I got her home I polished her up and waxed her with Meguires NXT 2 wax. I may be able to stop by the meet, I see it's not too far from my home on the west side of MKE. With that said, I wouldn't be able to stay long if I do make it.