WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Any other old farts in here?

Guest blebob

Went the Porsche route myself for awhile but the e30 is like the old friend that never gets old! I always get the urge to sell my e30s and then I take one for a ride and always come back home smilin. We have alot of great car roads out here.

• 5 months later...

I live 12 miles from Road America and the first time I went there was when they filmed the opening sequence for the movie "Winning" with Neuman and Redford. That was 1968 and I was a junior in high school, does that make me an old fart? IIRC that was the year they introduced the 2002ti and it impressed me even in the days of American muscle cars, when everybody else wanted an SS 396 Chevelle or a Hemi Charger.

Guest blebob

Ah, yah that gets you into the old farts group! But it was Newnam and Wagner in Winning along with Newman's bride to be Joanne Woodward. I got to sit in Wagner's DD which was a Lotus Europa. (long story!) Sure do miss those CANAM days!

• 1 month later...
Guest blebob

Glad to see I could finally get back on the forum! Old guys need to be regular! Finally got around to pulling the 87 325is apart and hopefully can get to the GTG coming up! Way too much going on this time of year, what with the kid running in SKUSA, 3 cars in restoration, travel with work, grandkids graduating in CO and other misc family issues going on....

I also finally let my BMWCCA membership drop, again..... I simply have no interest in whats going on with the new BMW's I really liked the Roundel but only got half of mine and only received 3 Immers. I guess I'm starting to ramble!! I guess thats what happens when I can't lerk my fav BMW forum, Bill

• 1 month later...
Guest quillbro

best car i ever drove was an 89 3.2 cerrara, gloss black with the whale tail spoiler.... I fell in love. Someday I will own one.

I feel like an old fart after 7 years in the army 4 of them in iraq, does that count? Im only 27 though.

Guest quillbro

Welcome back!

I also have approximately 0 interest in the new BMWs.. To the point I don't even car what they do to bastardize the new m3 (ie turbo it) :/

hahaha im tottaly with you here... plastic fenders on the e90 made me want to puke. Not to mention the toyota ish styling... e90s look more like camerys than anything. The new F30 is no better. :(

The day i cant drive an e30, or e46m3 anymore i'll jump out of a plane with no chute.

Guest blebob

Too funny! But I'm with ya! I'm 56 and still find the e30 to be my fav car though I do miss my e21 323, but the e30 is much more of the daily friendly mode of transportation. Not saying I didn't like my e36 0r e46, but the e30 fits me better in most ways.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...