WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

AN fittings, who is using what?

jc43089

Question

10 answers to this question

New power steering lines are $$$ new, when I needed some for my Z3 rack swap I found some used for cheap, used new copper washers and I have no leaks. 

I'd be interested to know if you find some Metric to AN conversion fittings. I haven't really looked for any yet but I will be using them for my new oil cooler setup. 

Summit has a metric ton of them(pun intended).  I found 14x1.5mm and 16x1.5mm, both to -8 which are what I need to put where the banjo bolts used to be.  Looks like I will probably spend about the same amount but should have a superior product which is ok to me.  10ft Aeroquip -8 hose, 4Aeroquip hose ends, and metric fittings puts me at $180 from summit.  There is much cheaper hose, but IMO you get what you pay for, I have used Aeroquip stuff at work in an industrial application.

http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/

I got all my fittings from them. Cheap and fast. As well as my ptfe lines. 

What areas are you using them for?  I'm not sure about for the power steering, says good to 500psi or 800psi with crimp fittings.  No problem for oil cooler but pressure from PS pump is right around there or higher.  Looks like they have some good stuff.