WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 Wheel Options?

Guest Laishes

Question

Guest Laishes

So E30s have a 4x100 bolt pattern however the wheels also utilize lug bolts. Meaning that there are no studs. So what the heck are my options for wheels? Will any standard 4x100 fit off of "Mc.Ricey's" honda civic?

I only say this because 2 of my 5 bottle caps are leaking; therefore I don't have another spare to replace it with so i'm thinking of replacing the whole set?

What is the most common wheel to run on an E30?

And what is the "sweet spot" for size? 17inch?

Edit:

Found Mc.Ricey and his car.

rice-1368.jpg

7 answers to this question

16'S fit best in my eyes. Anything 4x100 and a proper sized hub bore will work.

I agree on 16's but, your tire options for 16" are very limited compared to 15" and 17" and as OEM wheels become more donkalicious, 17's will soon become the new 14.

You can get wheel stud kits or you can keep the lug bolts, either way, just make sure you use a cone taper seat or a ball taper seat bolt/nut with whatever the wheel has. 

I believe Honda and VW use a ball seat and bmw uses a taper seat, dont quote me on that though.  If you find wheels that are the opposite of the lug bolts you have then new lug bolts can be had at pretty much any tire shop. 

Bobarts are usually easy enough to find on craigslist and look decent, otherwise ESM Wheels has some nice replica wheels in E30 fitment

In addition to the 57.1 centerbore also watch your offsets. Honda and other fwd 14 and 15" 4x100 will have +38/45 and higher offsets and will need a spacer to clear your front strut tubes. Are you sure the problem is your bottle caps and not cracked or dry rotted tires? Mine came with 14" borbets and 2005 build date hri fusions. Tread looks great but the tires are badly cracked on the inner sidewalls.

Guest Laishes

You wouldn't believe what's on the car currently.

One of the tires was leaking and so I popped the spare on.

upon inspection of the spare, it is a brand new-never mounted Bottlecap. Theres no brake dust on it, the mating face is machined and smooth and shiny, and everything looks as though it is brand new.

However, this most likely means that the leaky tire that is on it, is from 1987!!

Guest Laishes

In addition to the 57.1 centerbore also watch your offsets. Honda and other fwd 14 and 15" 4x100 will have +38/45 and higher offsets and will need a spacer to clear your front strut tubes. Are you sure the problem is your bottle caps and not cracked or dry rotted tires? Mine came with 14" borbets and 2005 build date hri fusions. Tread looks great but the tires are badly cracked on the inner sidewalls.

I also started this thread just to see what my current options are; because eventually the bottlecaps will have to go.