WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

$20 Coding in Appleton / Fox Valley Area

Hey everyone.  

I bought/have:

• K+DCAN USB (E9X and younger / 2012 and younger)
  • ENET/ESYS USB (FXX chassis / 2013 and newer)
  • E-Sys 3.24.2
  • 51.1 PSdZData
  • NCSExpert

Coding itself is $20 if you provide me with what you want done with the values or entries that need to be changed (provide forum links / guides).

Coding otherwise is $40 bucks if you don't know the values or anything as I'll have to research and put some time in.

I think these prices are fair?

My goal is to hopefully balance out what I paid for the cables, new charger and battery for my old Dell laptop, and the time spent reading awfully written posts/guides to get it all set up.  :wub:

There's a lot of resources online to find the information on what the entries and potential changes there are.  I had difficulty finding someone in Appleton with the cables, especially the new ENET one. I have the most access to FXX chassis information so I wouldn't need to look any of that up.

I live by Appleton North, let me know on facebook if you need some coding done and I'll let you know when I've got time! Thanks

I'll echo what Brian stated - please list exactly what you're able to modify.  I'm interested in finding out if the radio in my 2010 E92 can be coded (vs purchasing a JL cleansweep prior to upgrading), if my speedometer display can be coded to read actual MPH vs actual + 6%, and what other creature comfort things may be changeable. 

I'll echo what Brian stated - please list exactly what you're able to modify.  I'm interested in finding out if the radio in my 2010 E92 can be coded (vs purchasing a JL cleansweep prior to upgrading), if my speedometer display can be coded to read actual MPH vs actual + 6%, and what other creature comfort things may be changeable. 

Does it actually do that?Because I've noticed I'm constantly doing 65 on hwy's and likke... 76 on fwy's to keep up with traffic... That's in the E28, and the E46 coupe...

Does it actually do that?Because I've noticed I'm constantly doing 65 on hwy's and likke... 76 on fwy's to keep up with traffic... That's in the E28, and the E46 coupe...

Yes, at least the E9x series.   It's been discussed a bit on e90post.com, and my GPS tells me I'm at 56 mph when the cruise control is set at 60.

Anything that is available on your car(s), anything, can be coded. The list, if it were accurate, would be incredibly large.  The data that I have totals somewhere around 30Gigs, don't really want to list all of that out :P

I'm not really offering this as a super-professional-business-service, but more of a 'you want ____ coded but don't want to spend the time/money figuring out what cable what software and where to get it all and you don't want to drive to Madison or Chicago to get it done' for a little money so I didn't spend a hundred bucks just to code six things on my car. 

You can find what's available to code for your car in many places, there's a few BMW coding forums, lots of sub-forums on the main forums.

It's not really hidden information what you're able to code, it's finding someone with the correct software and cables, that's where I can help!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...