WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

97 M3 Project

M318

Check out the mishimoto radiators, they look great and the price is fantastic.  Glad to see Joe's M3 coming back to life.  I assume it won't be out until spring but when doing the cooling system which it is probably due for swap to euro/e30 overflow system.  I will be posting up how I did it soon.  All OEM parts and it is self bleeding.

I was stranded in Wausau with it. I basically drove it (hard) to my buddy's house in Wausau and I saw the steam. I had the radiator out in ten minutes and the new one in in 15 minutes! The transmission is a little fucky. There is a whine when downshifting in 3rd and 4th. I may have to put all of my M318 project stuff into it... LTW flywheel and M5 clutch ext. I will just have to order a new one for my baby in the spring or over the winter. Oh well.

Other than the fucky transmission (which still shifts acceptable when warm) There's the sunroof issue which I didn't even look at yet because I was too busy RAGE DRIFTING in the rain last night! OMG fun. If you don't have an M3, throw it away, Its a piece of shit! J/K. Also just some minor trim piece issues. Not to mention the rear end which I "put back together" haha! Wait till you see the pics tonight.

Josiah: I threw that fucking head unit out the window on 51! I think your Killswitch Engage CD was still in there. I am sorry. I will have to check.

oh wowza theres an extra 15 hp with that cap!

As for the head unit, I knew it sucked... you have to finesse the volume knob with a gentle touch, otherwise you're changing the equalization settings. yeah, retarded.

And what Killswitch Engage?!? I hope you don't mean Devin Townsend! He's the greatest artist of our time!

• 1 month later...