WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New guy from milwaukee

Guest TimJohn

Guest TimJohn

Whats up guys, my name is T.J., this is my first time ever on a forum, so I'm kinda new to the whole deal, I've only ever dealt with them in the past for info. I'm a mechanic at a rental facility in Milwaukee. I went to school to work on cars, got sucked into the heavy machinery side due to the stability of the business. I have a track e30 that I do endurance racing with, the chump and lemons racing. I make a lot of my own parts, and generally spend way to much time trying to get every ounce of power/speed/handling out of the little guy. I'm also friends with 2 other endurance teams in the area with e30s, so when i make a part, I usually make a few sets. Anyways, thanks for having me, hope to make the meet up tomorrow in mequon tomorrow.

post-3324-0-87059300-1375737708_thumb.jp

post-3324-0-23331900-1375737731_thumb.jp

Welcome !! 

I will be in Mequon tomorrow as well although it looks like I will be fashionably late as work has me doing a change at 5.

I will be doing OktoberFAST in Sept with the BMWCCA as well. I am not sure if you participate in HPDE as well but let me know !! 

Guest TimJohn

Cool! I should be up there by 5ish, goin with my buddy in his 99 M coupe. I think that HPDE event requires a passenger seat and harness, not sure if i wanna get the stuff together to do that.

Yep, novice and intermediate run groups at ofast would require a comparable passenger seat and belts for the instructor. Advanced is typically solo but sometimes a checkoff ride in the first session depending on experience.

Looks like all the run groups are full and wait lists have been started.