WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Meet my bimmers! (and me)

Guest Celina325is

Guest Celina325is

Hello.

My name is Chris. I found the forum via a google serach. I am really looking for a healthy online community that is based in my area. I am so tired of seeing these amazing pictures of people getting together in like CA or TX and the big WI getting no love. I am on my fourth BMW since the beginning of the year. I started my fetish a 98 540i6, sold that to reduce bills and buy and engagement ring. bought a 318ti and a 325is to replace the 540. the TI was a big of a nightmare with a caliroof, and the 325is had been totaled in 2 different states. SO I sold it all, paid off my loans, and got my 94 325is for cash! But yeah, generally, I'm interested in meeting people, and getting together to show some bimmer love. please enjoy these family photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the only picture I have of my new car, as you can see, she was egged by some A-holes

Posted Image

And here is my old Prelude, Lucy, that I miss alot.

Posted Image

Thanks, guys!

Edited by Celina325is
Updated photo links

Guest Celina325is

Sweet! most deffinitely! That 318 was a beauty from certain angles but that Caliroof was way more work than it needed to be. Not to mention, 318 was just a tad slow for my taste. I drove it really hard and in turn it got only 24mpg usually. I can be comfortable not slamming my 325 all day and still get about 25-26 so yeah, i wouldnt recomend picking one up unless a swap is in your future (which is what I wanted to do)

Guest Celina325is

Its possible. I had alot of people come and look at the car. I had it posted too cheap. I had too many people want to come and get a free ride then barely offer what the tires, or seats alone were worth. I found out after the fact that it had been totaled in 2 different states so I wasn't about to trust it for my DD but it ran well and looked good. there was barely a spot of rust on it really. Cept for the trunk. where there was a hole. BUT STIll. haha

Guest Celina325is

Hammerdown, if you are really 50 years old (which is cool) then i didnt show it to you. All of my buyers where white kids 16-20 with no money and rides from their mom.

Guest Charles Dickens

Hammerdown, if you are really 50 years old (which is cool) then i didnt show it to you. All of my buyers where white kids 16-20 with no money and rides from their mom.

LOL. Welcome to the board, I really dig the ti, love the look even if it is dog-slow

Guest Celina325is

I liked my TI too but dog slow is an understatement. I thought I would get like phenominal mileage, like into the high 30s but it never really happened. When I bought it I planned to DD it as a cheap run around, and when I finish school/pay for the wedding, then I would do an S52 swap and maybe some boost. But it was an ambitous and long winded plan that I didnt have the motiavtion to see to the end. I just couldnt stand hitting the redline every where I went and still feeling like I had barely moved. Not to mention the hella dated design of the interior and after hours of adjusting and cleaning the california roof, it leaked as if it wasnt even closed. There is absolutely no way I would buy another one without doing a motor swap/interior upgrade at the same time. And honestly, a clean bodied TI for say 1800, All the components for an S52 swap for about 3500-4000, more money in brakes and suspension, a regular sedan dash/console/seats another 1000-1500. Add to that a bunch of wrenching love. Its about the same price to build an M3Ti as it is to just buy an M3. So IDk, after some thinking, I wasnt so sure anymore that the money was worth it to have a truncated M3. Plus I had heard from folks who did the swap that the thing is sort of unbalanced and hard to drive afterwards. The new thing I want to buy once I'm done with school is an E31, V12, 6sp. Anybody checked this out yet? its SWEEEEEET! http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/2452063554.html

Guest Celina325is

I have heard the same thing, but alot of people have said that there is nothing like the sound of the V12 with a good exhaust. But I heard the E31s in general are very high in cost of ownership. I was reading through bimmerforums.org in their section and several folks there agreed that a 20k dollar E31 can cost you upwards of 40k in a matter a few years.

• 1 year later...
Guest Celina325is

Hey guys. I have been away for a long time but I wanted to update this thread anyways. I might not be here all the time, but I'm still around. I sold my Celina 325is. Did a lot to it before she went. here are some quick photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest Celina325is

Not digging the green Grilles, but otherwise, nice!

What are you sporting now?

I did the green grills and zebra style wheels as a joke. Car was in winter mode. Sold it that way. Luckily the buyer was a nice guy that found it funny like I did. Plus I had a spare set that I painted, so it could go back to normal in the spring.

Guest Celina325is

And I wanted to store the M3 this winter to avoid adding anymore rust to it (and keep from doing something stupid with it like I have to every other e36 I owned in the winter). So I bought this:

1992 750iL

Only paid 500 bucks for it. Got about 1300 into it total now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Added wheels and tires

Posted Image

Posted Image

Added a rustless trunk lid with spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Added Ellipsoids

Posted Image

Added clear corners

Posted Image

Added HIDs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Did the same light mod (because its very useful the looks sweet)

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/fliehrc/Veronica/2012-10-01_21-26-59_382.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/fliehrc/Veronica/2012-10-01_21-28-45_203.jpg

And other than that I have done a TON of upkeep.

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/fliehrc/Veronica/2012-10-10_10-06-02_352.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/fliehrc/Veronica/2012-10-10_10-13-22_886.jpg

But she is very very sweet, real clean. not too much rust, not too many dings, but not cherry enough that I care where I park it on campus.

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/fliehrc/Veronica/2012-10-01_09-50-46_963.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu271/fliehrc/Veronica/2012-10-01_09-50-33_17.jpg

What do you guys think?

Guest Celina325is

its amazing how cars like the 7 series get discarded so quickly since the rich folks just move onto the next expensive car. no love!

i thought about getting one instead of an e34, but they are in far worse shape for the age.

I would tell you that the level of enthusiast type, DIY knowledge base is not nearly on the same level as I have seen for E30s 34s 36s 39s. That was something I didnt expect. Like most used BMWs it had many typical quirks that come with the model (a twisted seat, bad HVAC sword, Bad LKM) but instead of seeing 1000 threads reanswered over and over, its more like 100 threads, 10 of which have an answer, an answer referring to a fix developed by one guy 15 years ago. Its frustrating.

That said, I have just about everything locked down on the 750. I have put about 3k miles on it (and given the fact that the PO suggested I bring a tow truck to buy the car is pretty damn impressive) and at this point I just want it to get me through the winter. There are plenty of other things I could continue to do to the car (fix the speakers, add a real stereo and subs, new windshield, rust free doors) but to be honest, I kind of regret getting the V12. Its expensive, its complicated, its big as hell. Only real reason I bought it was because I wanted an E38 v12 at one point, and I jumped at the chance to get an owners experience that was atleast close to it. When I found out you need the manual out of an 850csi to do a swap, my heart sank and I started to think about what she will be worth in spring. Am I crazy to think with a good cut and polish on the paint and a thourogh engine detail she might sell for $3000 in the spring?

Nice collection!!

Agreed on your points of the 7 series. I was originally looking into them when I got my e39. They just seemed too scary, they always got the newst technology and were usually bought by executive types that either maintained them horribly or simply didn't care about them.

Guest Celina325is

You could also argue that for atleast some period of time, this car was only affordable to a person with great means (having a value of like $80k in 92). Having the means to afford the car would mean you likely could also afford to maintain it at the dealership. The inside of the car shows obvious love. The exterior even shows a good amount of care. The mechanicals however could be better, and of course, its the only real important piece. Its all good though. She has lots of power and drives great. Took a country curve at 70 today! yeehaw!