WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New guy from Hudson

Hi all.  I recently picked up a 2010 335xi coupe, steptronic, black on black.  Found a reference to wibimmers on mnbmw, so I thought I'd head over here and register.

This is my first BMW, and I'm glad I finally made the step up.  I've been modding small displacement forced induction imports since 1993 and can't wait to do a couple of basics to this beastie. :)

Cheers.

I miss Colorado dearly.  I'm a MN native and  my wife a WI native, but we spent 20 yrs in Colorado.  Coming back to the midwest was hard, but it was the right thing to do.  The snow here sucks. :)

Snap - you lived in Colorado?  We were in Boulder initially and ended up in Castle Rock.

I get what you're saying. Looks nice though! How much power did you squeeze out of it?

It was in rough shape when I got it, ended up popping a motor on the dyno playing with nitrous.  After a new shortblock/turbo/injectors/header/exhaust/electronics/crappy tune by myself it made 636 rwhp at 23psi.   For our 'border war' events (Colorado vs Wyoming) I'd run it at 30psi.   Fun little street car. :)

Cool im going to stout right now! i actually live right up the hill from jarvis hall if you remember where that is.

Ive actually got a pretty boss DSM right now, but the clutch doesnt disengage.

If you ever want beer and are in the mood to help me drop a fwd trans, head on over and we can bullshit about bmws / dsms

• 2 weeks later...

Theres also another car club thats close to us, Chippewa valley sports car club, heres their forums, and a thread i posted about my DSM.

http://lasergrave.net/ecscc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3724&sid=dc68d9906945e8ae01cb12f0b9807d19

Check it out when you have time!

no way. I'm a member on ecscc as well.

I have maybe 3 posts.

my buddy zach (clive peters?) is on that forum 24/7 though. mainly in the "hi" thread in off topic.