WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Help wanted

6670charger

Anyone in the Appleton area who knows how to change timing belts on the E30?  2.5L automatic.  I'm looking for someone to give me a hand at some point in JUN thru AUG.  I'm within 7000 miles of needing to change it.  Have the new belt, but have never done this before and don't want to muck it up.  Car has 77,000 on it, so only changing the belt this time around.  Basically looking for someone to help/talk me through it so I can get one under my belt and do it on my own the next time.  I can come to you, or you can come to me.  Doesn't matter.  I'm on a limited budget, so hoping that someone is willing to work for beer, or just the fun of wrenching on a car.

Thanks.

Eric

I am in New Berlin so that is no help to you, but I can be a phone-call away while you are doing it. I have done the job twice. You should be able to do it in under 4 hours if you are pacing yourself and making the correct moves. If you know what you are doing then it can be done in <2hrs. Are you replacing the water pump also?