WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Cheap angel eye bulbs? Opinions?

Guest norsairius

Guest norsairius

There's been a discussion on Bimmerpost about these for a while, wondering what you all think?

http://www.bmwled.net/category/bmw/angel-eyes

They've had relatively good success over there with these. LUX seems to have something against it, but I think it's mostly because this is a cheaper product that appears to be just as good as theirs for a LOT less money.

I'm considering the kit for my E92 since it'd be a nice, realtively cheap, aesthetic mod.

They offer kits for some older BMWs too just in case there are others interested.

Guest jafza412

Well looks like I should chime in. I have the LUX V3 bulbs and am really happy with them. I didn't do much research to alternatives and just went with the LUX because I've had a bad experience with headlights (non-AE related, so maybe not rational, haha), so I saw a lot of success with Lux and went with it. Maybe cheaper ones may throw a code, lack brigthness, or be more prone to failure. The brightest I've seen are the OSS led rings or Xenon, but that requires $$$$ or major efforts. You can't go wrong with the Lux, but might win out rolling the dice with BMWLED. Keep us posted!

I have Weisslicht LED turn signals in too and they get rid of the egg yolk effect quite nicely. In the cold I get an error from time to time but as soon as I flick the blinker it goes away.

Here is a pic of the Lux but before Weisslicht.

WIBimmers6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest norsairius

Hmm... tough call. The BMW LED lights are much cheaper, but people have had mixed issues and there seems to be other problems with the consistency of quality.

LUX just released an updated version of their lights, but they are of course, rather expensive. The quality seems to be much better though and far more consistent.

I think I'll just eat the cost and pay more for the LUX. There's a lot of stuff going on in life right now though, so mods will probably have to wait until this fall at the earliest if not next spring.

I just wanna do a couple things here and there:

1. LUX AE lights

2. BMW perf. exhaust

3. BMW perf. intake (very big MAYBE)

Off topic, to jack my own thread, I seriously love this car! I had a situation with a flat that required a tow at the end of April, but other than that, it's been nothing but fun! I will add though, the fact that I got my flat and pulled over in Warrens, WI DID NOT help the situation, haha. My car was towed to Madison and I had to cab it to LaCrosse airport to get a rental! If any of you are wondering, Zimbrick BMW in Madison was very nice. I sat in the E92 M3 they had on the showroom floor too. I want it so badly, haha.

Guest norsairius

You were in Madison and didn't contact any of us Madisinions? Naughty. That M3 is nice. I sat in it as well. ;3

Haha, I thought about it, but to add more detail to the story:

I got my flat tire in Warrens, WI as I was headed west to the twin cities to visit a friend. Sidewall was busted open, damn random pothole on 94. I credit the runflats for helping the situation by keeping the car controllable with the sudden loss of tire pressure. A loud thud from the pothole, I swear it could have knocked my teeth out, a couple seconds of cruising, a pop and a hiss, and then a rough ride. I was able to limp a mile to the Cenex near Three Bears Lodge.

I waited quite a while for the tow, about 1.5 hours and an additional hour on top of that for my cab. I picked up my rental and got to the twin cities 5 hours later than planned. I drove the rental all weekend and came back to Milwaukee late on Monday 4/29. Stopping in Madison on my way back Monday evening wasn't going to work because of commitments I had on Monday.

So I drove the rental to work on Tuesday, and left for Madison right after work to pick up my car. I had to drop off the rental and then take a cab to Zimbrick to pick up my car.

Needless to say, nothing against the Madisonians, I just wanted my car back and to get home after all that, hahaha.

Guest norsairius

I'll sell my Lux V3 if you want to shoot me a reasonable offer. Used about 11 months 9000 miles.

Thanks for the offer! I'm not looking to modify the lights for a while though. Performance exhaust is definitely going in first, and I'm not even sure if I'm gonna do that one this year yet, haha.

• 2 months later...
Guest tnc9897

Don't you like your V3? What is the difference? I'm new and ask all silly questions. Still up for sale? How much?

I'll sell my Lux V3 if you want to shoot me a reasonable offer. Used about 11 months 9000 miles.