WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 and a 2002 both leak water into the passenger floor

jockhater2

What is under those hood vents ... I can't remember how this model works.... 

Don't they go into a cavity were the heater core brings in air somehow ?? I believe there are drains in the bottom of that cavity. I really cannot remember how that works ... brain hurts !?!?!? ughhh

Behind the firewall is the heater core. Those hood vents are just for looks I think.

Nope. That is tore apart. Stop by my build thread sometime;) I was driving my pos flat green with black stripe mk3. I was at the stoplights on main street heading northbound

Dang. Didn't spot ya.

I love me some vw :)

My 2nd car is a mk2 jetta.

Link me to the build thread. Need any help? I could give you a hand. Maybe you could give me a hand? I was planning on doing some much needed repairs on my jetta. It's needs a lot of love mechanically.

And what does your quote mean "one of the few members with trunk issues"?

My build thread is on here for the compact. The mk3 is a hunk of crap and doesn't get anything done to it. That's actually a compact joke. The ti in 318ti means touring international, but people like to think it means trunk impaired. Lol

Oh ok. Trunks are over rated. That's why we have back seats.

Would you want any help?

My jetta is my winter car too. But its also my audio car. So I give it more attention than my e21 since audio is what I really love.

Nah it is just a pile=) It moves and drives and works for me. lol I plan on hopefully getting rid of it this Spring.

Dang. I got nothing to do. Working on a car with someone sounds fun.

Not every car has to be perfect. I bet the mk3 is fine. Mine has a rediculous amount of miles on it. They seem to be pretty welll built. Besides the door handles LOL