WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2nd E34, this one is a 1995 525i

alcetus

Welcome, You aren't far from me over in Platteville, there are a few other guys in the area too, we did a cruise from Spring Green to Devils lake earlier this year.  Look into Fluid Film to prevent rust before it starts.  I spray it on my rusty vehicles to hold the current rust where it is at and works well.  I have a sprayer for it that works really well which you could borrow if you are interested.

How are the doors on your 93? That one would be Island Green like mine. Yours is Oxford. I assumed yours was Oxford since it seems to be the most common e34 color I have seen=) 

My parts car is a 1993 525i green but rusty. I'm going to stripp it starting this weekend.

Looks like I have some work ahead of me. I don't have room to keep it long term. I will be stripping all I can and storing it in the basement. I try to sell what I don't think I will need on craigslist or some of these forums. thanks for the replies guys. I will be saving door seals, door regulators, lights front and rear, coils, alternator,guage cluster, sunroof motor, some sensors, electronics, transmission, some interior parts, battery, tires/wheels, radiator, front susspension, (which is new). I might save the front clip for someone else, and the trunk lid.

Welcome, You aren't far from me over in Platteville, there are a few other guys in the area too, we did a cruise from Spring Green to Devils lake earlier this year.  Look into Fluid Film to prevent rust before it starts.  I spray it on my rusty vehicles to hold the current rust where it is at and works well.  I have a sprayer for it that works really well which you could borrow if you are interested.

I guess we will have to hook up sometime. no rust on my 1995 yet.

My parts car is a 1993 525i green but rusty. I'm going to stripp it starting this weekend.

Looks like I have some work ahead of me. I don't have room to keep it long term. I will be stripping all I can and storing it in the basement. I try to sell what I don't think I will need on craigslist or some of these forums. thanks for the replies guys. I will be saving door seals, door regulators, lights front and rear, coils, alternator,guage cluster, sunroof motor, some sensors, electronics, transmission, some interior parts, battery, tires/wheels, radiator, front susspension, (which is new). I might save the front clip for someone else, and the trunk lid.

So if this is all of what you are keeping what is even left?! Lol

In regards to the e34's in winter....

I am going to miss having the e34 that earl now has, I had a new set of Altimax Arctics on it, most insane car in snow ever. Long wheelbase, heavier but not too bad, and five speed. I sent that thing sliding through more 60mph turns than I can think of. Nothing like staring out of the drivers window, full lock, bouncing limiter in 3rd gear, all in a single lane with curbs on either side. Gonna miss that!