WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M30 Fuel cut on hard acceleration. Still stumpt!

Brian.

Question

Like my title says, first and second gear pulls, I hit fuel cut. I have plenty of gas in the tank, it's not all the time, it's just every once in a while it fuel cuts, hard.

I pulled the MAF, all the injectors, etc. (I fucking hate the M30 in my 535i, I was literally shoulder deep wrenching on the intake manifold nuts, to try to get them off.) Ended the night with bloody and severely bruised hands/arms. I cleaned the living shit out of everything I took off, MAF/Throttle body was dirty as shit on the inside, so I took some cleaner, cleaned them up.

Hoping this fixes the issue. Next on my list is the fuel filter. Anyone have any other idea's as to what it could be?

I'll upload what photo's I have in the morning.

5 answers to this question

So, reassembled today before it started to pour, ran ALOT better. sounded really smooth. Only ran it for a few seconds, I found out that I destroyed my FPR O-ring that goes to my top mount fuel rail. So I got to pick one of those up tomorrow. Also found a really good article on the entire ignition/fuel/vacuum line shiz.