WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 GTG & touring @ OctoberFast @ Road America 9/29/12 - drive your e30 on the track!

Guest merton

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/BEA58964-905A-7DBF-F11BCC0945C87F90

E30 Gathering at OktoberFAST

Date: 09-29-2012

All Day Event

Sponsor: Badger Bimmers

Based on the success of this summer's first E30 gathering a second get together has been scheduled to coincide with OktoberFast - the Badger Bimmer driving school at Road America.

The E30 gathering is scheduled for Saturday, September 29th. If you want to participate in on-track touring and/or attend the Saturday night banquet you must complete the registration process.

The charge for the Saturday night banquet is $25 per person. Lots of the people registered for the driving school will also attend this banquet. The banquet is held at the Millhome Supper Club just south of Kiel. Millhome is about 15 minutes from the track. There will be a cash bar at 6:30pm and dinner will be served at 7:30pm.

Track touring during lunch hour is also available. This is your chance to drive a few laps of the world famous Road America track. Speeds are limited to 50mph using a number of pace cars. Touring will start at about 12:15 and there is a mandatory meeting for all touring drivers at 11:30 on the hill just below the Gear Box concession stand. The fee for track touring is $10. All fees collected for touring will be donated to the Badger Bimmer charity - Feeding America of Southeastern Wisconsin.

All participations in track touring (drivers and passengers) must sign the club waiver and wear a guest wrist band. Everyone 18 and over must sign an adult waiver and there will be minor waivers available for those under 18. All those driving must be at least 18 years old and passengers must be at least 10 years old.

During the day you'll also have the ability to watch the driving school activities and attend the novice classroom sessions. There's no charge for attending the novice classroom sessions.

I unfortunately won't be able to attend, but all of you (with e30s) should go!

Sign up on motorsportreg asap if you want to do the touring (driving on the track) at lunch. If they don't get enough people signed up soon, they'll cancel the touring portion of the event.

I'll be there for DE as well but too pooped for touring. But for those that have never driven the track and are curious doing so, this would be the perfect introduction. This touring session should be very small in participation which means more open track for you. Usually these touring sessions are packed with 100+ cars all bunched together and it's more frustrating than enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

The touring is not happening. BMW CCA decided to cancel it and refund the three people that had paid. They wanted to see at least 20 cars registered and only 3 had signed up. I'm not certain that the e30 gtg is happening either. I know I will not be there. I find out the status and post it up asap