WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Auction!!!!

Ryan...

Hey ya'all, my mom is having an auction this coming Saturday, the 15th. I have the M3 shell there ($120 reserve), and my uncle is selling a 1971 Mercedes 250 (needs carb work and brake pads).

There are also a bunch of old motors (Lauson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin motors etc..) and a ton of little motors that'd be perfect for go-karts and such. Mini bike frames, a ton of tools, and other misc stuff.

Even if you're not all that interested, feel free to stop by an visit anyway! We're having a food stand here too that'll have hot dogs, brats, burgers, and other goodies. Plus, I'll be here :o

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/gms/3260174942.html

Yes ma'am, from my old M5 ;)

Thing is though, I cant remember which diff it is.. The M5 I bought had water damage at one point, and I remember there was a very slight whine coming from the rear end. I bought one off ebay and I cant remember if I actually swapped the diffs or not. I did a fluid flush on the engine/trans/diff and the whine disappeared. For the life of me I simply cant remember if I swapped the diffs or not :mad:

Anyone got a car we could test fit this to and verify if its good or not?

IIRC the exhaust has to come off, I remember taking mine off and couldn't believe how friggin heavy that thing was!

Can it swap into an e39 540i? I imagine if you didn't have to remove an exhaust it'd be a 3-4hr job tops.

** answered my own question; requires some driveshaft swapping as well.. Any ideas how to check if this diff makes noise w/o installing it on a car?

Edited by Ryan...