WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Motocycle Parts help

Ryan...

This is driving me insane... The dealer wont or "cant" tell me the part number/name unless I bring it in for an inspection (aka they want $90 to tell me the name).

The part on my bike that is leaking is the white plastic "T" valve in the pic below. As you can see, there's a little piece of flat metal with a spring behind it. I cant tell exactly where on that valve its leaking, but all the hoses coming off it appear to be perfectly fine (and dry).

Using the parts catalog and pic in the link below, any ideas what part I need? I guessed part 21 but that apparently is pointing only to an o-ring, which might be all that I need. Looking at the valve on my bike though, I dont even see an o-ring anywhere :confused:

http://www.polarispartspitstop.com/pages/oemparts?aribrand=VIC#/Victory/V01CD15DA_DELUXE_CRUISER_(2001)/FUEL_SYSTEM%2c_FUEL_TANK%2c_PUMP%2c_RAILS_and_THROTTLE_BODY_-_V01CD15CC/21193/40661

Posted Image

Its a quick disconnect T. Just go to a hardware store and replace it with a metal one. You wont have the quick disconnect feature, but it will stop your leak dead. Also, check the quality of your fuel lines. The rubber could be cracked on the inside and the fuel could be seeping out thru the braided layer. I've seen it happen before.

ok so that T is actually two pieces is what you're saying? So there would be an o-ring in there?

Now a stupid question perhaps; would I have to worry about using a metal T in place of the plastic ones? Any negative affect of gas running through it/heat from the motor?

Thanks brohamasan!

Just drive the ti

I refuse to give in! I haven't driven a car in over a month lol

I'm gonna go to Engleharts tomorrow and see if they have the o-ring in stock. If not, I'll be swapping it out for a metal T as applesauce recommended.

Brian Baby, if you're bored tomorrow, stop on over in the morning and we'll toss a coupla PBRs back and fix dat bike yo!