WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New to forum. Need opinion!

keeperofchaos

My rule is: Rebuilt title is okay if the car was rear-ended and professionally repaired and you can't even tell anything happened by the way it looks or drives. AND if you don't care about resale value/plan on driving the car till it dies.

But water damage is never good. The wires can wick up the water and still be functional, but with high resistance, and will eventually corrode enough to where things dont work and electrical gremlins pop up.

But water damage is never good. The wires can wick up the water and still be functional, but with high resistance, and will eventually corrode enough to where things dont work and electrical gremlins pop up.

+11110001020102

I bought a water damaged 2000 M5 a couple years back. Now I know better.. Just because stuff works right now doesn't mean it will next week, or next month, etc Plus its almost impossible to tell what was all damaged, and what the PO is hiding. He could have easily pulled some bulbs or clipped some wires to make the CEL/ABS/warning lights dissapear. I wouldn't touch it.

• 2 months later...